• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food For Manly Men in DC?

s'kat

Man, I have to wait more than half an hour after getting home to post! But yeah, the thing on the back is entitled "Logophobic Nightmares: Or, those inclined towards flocciauccinihilipilification will herein find ample fuel to their sciolistic fire." Between the big words, small print, and especially the effects of the beer itself, there was NO way I was reading that there! Pretentious Stone [Makers of 'Arrogant Bastard', the beer that tells you to your face you are not sophisticated enough to enjoy] bastads!

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I am sorry to report that my husband strayed from the wise teachings of eGullet, and paid the price.

They got to the hotel, then walked down the road to a bar... then to another one... then to another one. :blink:

After that, my husband said that they ended up at some cafe/bistro place, where they had some good wine, and appetisers. Looking at a map, I'm wondering if this was Bistro Lepic?

They left there, and went to some 'Italian' place for dinner. Or perhaps it was a pizza place. Reportedly one of the worst meals he has ever had.

Let this be a lesson to us all. :wink:

I am sorry to report that my husband strayed from the wise teachings of eGullet, and paid the price. 

They got to the hotel, then walked down the road to a bar... then to another one... then to another one.  :blink:

After that, my husband said that they ended up at some cafe/bistro place, where they had some good wine, and appetisers.  Looking at a map, I'm wondering if this was Bistro Lepic? 

They left there, and went to some 'Italian' place for dinner.  Or perhaps it was a pizza place.  Reportedly one of the worst meals he has ever had.

Let this be a lesson to us all.  :wink:

I've got a good idea of the Glover Park "Italian" restaurant at which your husband "dined." I'll be nice and not mention it here. However, the place I am thinking of once served me a frozen mushroom cap with warm red sauce on it. I never went back.

My opinion is that the best bar in Glover Park is at Busara. It's where most of the locals go for a drink or dinner at the bar. It's not as crowded as Bourbon and music is much, much better. Charles and Scott are excellent and cool bartenders too.

Barry