• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Puigcerda

Revallo

I have just moved to puigcerda and I am currently working in a small tapas bar. I was looking for a restaurant to work in and I couldn´t find any other posts on puigcerda. I don´t really have a preference on the restaurant, I am just looking for somewhere relitivly creative, and a good place to learn, it also needs to be walking distance from town (unless I hapen to move). If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Also if any of you happen to be in the area, perhaps we can meet up for a drink or a couple of plates.

"Only the tougne tells the truth..."-F.A.

revallo@gmail.com

I have just moved to puigcerda and I am currently working in a small tapas bar.  I was looking for a restaurant to work in and I couldn´t find any other posts on puigcerda.  I don´t really have a preference on the restaurant, I am just looking for somewhere relitivly creative, and a good place to learn,  it also needs to be walking distance from town (unless I hapen to move).  If anyone has any ideas,  I would really appreciate it.

Also if any of you happen to be in the area, perhaps we can meet up for a drink or a couple of plates.

Hello Revallo, We have been to Puigcerda but the only relatively important restaurant close to you is Torre del Remei in Bolvir de Cerdanya. The chef/owner is decent but we think he needs lots of help. Could be a super dining destination but it isn't. We loved the elegant restauration of this architectural gem, the rooms but the food was excessively salted. We were there two-three years ago. It was a magical stay with an unexpected dusting of snow in late Spring. You may have considered this place. We really don't know who continues to be the primary chef. Maybe it isn't at all suitable. Just thought I would mention it. Good luck. We loved the area. Judith Gebhart

Thanks for the info, I haven´t heard of the restaurant but it seems worth a try. Hopefully I will find something with in the town of Puigcerda, since I have a nice place to stay. Thanks again Judith.

"Only the tougne tells the truth..."-F.A.

revallo@gmail.com

Puigcerda doesn't really have any top restaurants I don't think.

There is perhaps something at the Hotel del Lago but I'm not sure - I haven't eaten there.

Just a couple of miles to the east, Llivia has a couple of places which are perfectly passable, though neither is any great shakes. Can Ventura is very trad, with competent but broadly unremarkable food; another restaurant (a little more forward-thinking) is in a glass walled barn just to the West (I think) of the Plaza, though I can't remember much about it. Sorry.

Perhaps you should try to track down Fabián Martín (who is apparently currently residing in Llivia), the inventor of the world's first absorbable pizza...