• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Martha Stewart's Everyday Food

bloviatrix

I find it interesting that Martha has a much bigger presence on the show this season. I can't even recall her being on-camera in previous seasons. I wonder why the change.

Her "good thing" and helpful hints clips look like they could have been lifted from her syndicated show which would save on productions costs.

In the episode I saw this weekend, each of the "chefs" stressed over & over that they were cooking with just 5 ingredients and "Isn't this just the simplest meal to prepare?" Let's see if that continues in future episodes.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 4 weeks later...
I find it interesting that Martha has a much bigger presence on the show this season. I can't even recall her being on-camera in previous seasons. I wonder why the change.

Her "good thing" and helpful hints clips look like they could have been lifted from her syndicated show which would save on productions costs.

In the episode I saw this weekend, each of the "chefs" stressed over & over that they were cooking with just 5 ingredients and "Isn't this just the simplest meal to prepare?" Let's see if that continues in future episodes.

I believe when the show debuted, Martha was either incarcerated or in the midst of her legal woes. Glad to see her presence on the show. The show is also a lot more polished than the first season. The personalities are a little more glammed up as well.