• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ron Santero - Columbia

2roost

A friend just gave me a bottle of Reserva Especial 9 year old from Santero made in Columbia. The producing company is Santana Liquors and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand.

''Wine is a beverage to enjoy with your meal, with good conversation, if it's too expensive all you talk about is the wine.'' Bill Bowers - The Captain's Tavern, Miami

Likewise I've been underwhelmed with most everything I've had from Colombia in the way of rum, but the women are very under appreciated.

I seem to recall a distinct licorice flavor that I my palate wasn't refined enough to appreciate.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Cracked it last night - not bad but nothing to make me change brands (my regular is Havana Club 7 year old).

Decent flavours and not overly sweet, fine for Cuba Libre/Dacquiri's but not enough complexity to go on the rocks or "splash of soda".

Thanks for your input, living in Western Canada's Rum wasteland I have to try anything new and not over $50 that comes along.

''Wine is a beverage to enjoy with your meal, with good conversation, if it's too expensive all you talk about is the wine.'' Bill Bowers - The Captain's Tavern, Miami