• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Joy Luck Chinese, West Orange

jo-mel

Really sorry about this.  There were several things on their menu that I really liked. But never, when I've been there, were there more than 3 or 4 tables filled.  And it was a fairly large restaurant.

I felt the same way, outside of a couple of small parties I saw hosted there. I'd often ask myself how they stayed in business--Question answered.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

Really sorry about this.  There were several things on their menu that I really liked. But never, when I've been there, were there more than 3 or 4 tables filled.  And it was a fairly large restaurant.

I felt the same way, outside of a couple of small parties I saw hosted there. I'd often ask myself how they stayed in business--Question answered.

I know, it was only filled during Dim Sum hour which of course you make less money off of (lower prices). It was one of the best dim sum's I've ever had; they even brought out sublime jellyfish and congee. Dinner was always great when I went too, especially the seafood; it's sad that the buzz never caught on for this place, which I thought was one of the best authentic Cantonese joints I've ever been to.