• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Name That Chodorow Restaurant Contest!

bourdain

"Jeffrey Chodorow is no dummy. And Claude Troisgros can certainly cook. And I--let us be clear--have not eaten at the bizarrely named (but reportedly good) new Rocco-replacement, CAVIAR AND BANANA BRASSERIO"

I'm thinking they were aiming for elegance and wild Rio. Maybe something like "Tropical Pearls" (although a bit sweet) would have been less bizarre. But going to the tasteless side, let's try

"Fowl Play"

"Colonade" for a memorable meal before that pesky colonoscopy....

editied to include quotes.

Edited by highchef (log)

Fresh Fish n' Shoe Repair

Where the filet of sole takes on a new meaning. :huh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

taint good

the growl and gristle - a dog pound & butcher. their slogan - "a real meat market..."

and if JC's new venture is a nightclub...liquor in the front, poker in the rear.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

This just in from down in DC: José Andres and Katsuya Fukushima at Cafe Atlantico have caviar AND bananas on their Valentine's menu:

EGG 147 WITH CAVIAR AND BANANAS

QUAIL EGG COOKED AT 147 DEGREES FOR 20 MINUTES TO CREATE A VERY VELVETY AND TENDER EGG, SERVED WITH CAVIAR, PASSION FRUIT OIL AND BANANAS. A WONDERFUL COMBINATION

Maybe Mabelline was onto something with the subtle sexual innuendo?

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog

How about:

Navy Chow

Phallic Foods

or my personal favorite:

Ick.

I've been laughing like crazy reading this thread, but oddly enough I'm no longer hungry.... :biggrin:

Be polite with dragons, for thou art crunchy and goeth down well with ketchup....

Maybe Bourdain should pick some favorites now? Consolidate it to a finalists list

My favorites so far--largely because they sound so creepily believable:

Dahmerama

Those Aren't Raisins!

Choads

The Lard Shack

Dingleberry's--An Eating and Drinking Establishment

We've Got Crabs!

Bayless Payless

Squid Marks

McShingles

Der Spermshack

abourdain