• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Taste of Greenwich House

amyd

My husband (adegiulio) and I are working on a charitable event called "A Taste of Greenwich House" in NYC. Since New Jersey's own Fascino will be participating, we wanted to let everyone on the NJ board know about the event. Here's the link to the initial post on the New York Board:

A Taste of Greenwich House

Feel free to contact us with questions!

I just wanted to bump this back up near the top of the list.

Some of you have already said you are coming - please don't forget to make a reservation ahead of time! While you can purchase tickets at the door, last year people were turned away because the event was so popular.

When: Monday, February 7, 2005 from 6:30pm until 10:00pm

Where: The New Era Building @ 495 Broadway, 2nd floor, off Broome Street

Tickets: $75 in advance $85 at the door

Contact: To purchase tickets or make a donation, please contact Aileen Parker at (212) 242-4140 ext.229 or aparker@greenwichhouse.org.

www.greenwichhouse.org

I posted this on the NY board but will say it here as well--I'm planning to go and am trying to get a few friends to join me; if anyone wants to hang with us, just let me know! Sounds like a good cause and a good time, and I know that Anthony and Amy have been working hard on the event. Join us!

Curlz

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I posted this on the NY board but will say it here as well--I'm planning to go and am trying to get a few friends to join me; if anyone wants to hang with us, just let me know!  Sounds like a good cause and a good time, and I know that Anthony and Amy have been working hard on the event.  Join us!

Curlz

On my bay window sill is a large flat maroon bowl that's been my fruit bowl for 30 years, give or take a few. It came from the Greenwich House Potters sale, as did 2 other bowls that are still in our cupboard.

This is a good cause, & I would urge folks who have the budget for it (that unfortunately leaves me out) to participate.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

On my bay window sill is a large flat maroon bowl that's been my fruit bowl for 30 years, give or take a few.  It came from the Greenwich House Potters sale, as did 2 other bowls that are still in our cupboard.

This is a good cause, & I would urge folks who have the budget for it (that unfortunately leaves me out) to participate.

Thanks for the endorsement of what really is a great local charity. Though we live in NJ, Amy and I truly enjoy helping this charity in their quest to help all New Yorkers live a better life.... :smile:

Edited by adegiulio (log)

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

From who I know and what I've learned, this is a great local charity. WestOrangeLindsay was born and raised in the village and this place has been around since 1901. My stomach is the most upset that we can't make it. The lineup looks great :-(. We will make a donation instead.

The Greenwich House nourishes cultural expression and maintains critical human services at seven sites in and around Greenwich Village. The arts programs include a Music School, a Pottery School, and an arts-in-education program in local public elementary schools. The settlement provides four substance abuse treatment centers, two alcoholism recovery programs, two AIDS programs, two senior services, a preschool, and a treatment and prevention center for abused children. Source United Neighborhood Houses

For those of you with the affordability card: Think taxes in a couple months, this organization is tax-exempt under section 501©(3) of the IRS Code. It is eligible to receive contributions deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.

I'd prefer to give my dough to a worthy local charity than Uncle Sam. If you can't make the event, I'm sure they would be grateful for any tax deducatbale amount you could spare.

Thanks amyd and AMDegiulio for helping to organize this event.

Thanks for your support WestOrangeFrank!

To everyone else, Greenwich House can use all of the donations possible. We've sold about 200 tickets so far, but are looking to sell a lot more! Please consider coming; twenty great NYC (and one fabulous NJ restaurant, Fascino) are participating. Drinks, food, dancing, and - oh yeah - a little donating, all add up to a great time!

Just a reminder:

When: Monday, February 7, 2005 from 6:30pm until 10:00pm

Where: The New Era Building @ 495 Broadway, 2nd floor, off Broome Street

Tickets: $75 in advance $85 at the door

Contact: To purchase tickets or make a donation, please contact Aileen Parker at (212) 242-4140 ext.229 or aparker@greenwichhouse.org.

www.greenwichhouse.org