• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Another Friday 4/12

Rosie

Hi Rosie,

Well I am back in town from a nice warm winter in Boca Raton.  I am working now in Piscataway and don't know much of what's around here to eat.  There is a good Thai & French place in Sommerville called Origins.  Other than that I am not sure what's around.  I went there last year so I am not sure if it is still around or what the story is.  I also saw a place on Rt. 22 called Famous Dave's BBQ - anyone know the scoop on this?  The place was packed last week when I was driving home.  I see they have a web site as well.  It's in the building that Steak & Ale was in.  I think it's Mountainside - Eastbound side of 22.

-Scott

Tonight, its a private party at Lorenzo's, in Trenton. Tomorrow, I'm running the cast party for my son's production of Annie at the Middle School, so its Tastee Sub's and La BonBonierre cake for 200 10-12 year olds.  I was thinking of Brunch on Sunday, and I have not been to the Rusty Scupper, which is very close to my home, in a while...I thought a brunch buffet might be a good and relatively risk free way of checking it out.  If the weather was nice, I'd love to go down to New Hope, and have brunch at the Frenchtown Inn..but I think it might rain.

I also saw a place on Rt. 22 called Famous Dave's BBQ - anyone know the scoop on this?  The place was packed last week when I was driving home.  I see they have a web site as well.  It's in the building that Steak & Ale was in.  I think it's Mountainside - Eastbound side of 22.

-Scott

famous dave's is a "semi- chain" that started in minneapolis.  they mix blues and food and serve some of the best ribs anywhere.  i'm sooooo happy there's one here in nj now - getting the husband to lug the 'q back on the plane was getting messy.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Hi Rosie,

Well I am back in town from a nice warm winter in Boca Raton.  I am working now in Piscataway and don't know much of what's around here to eat.  There is a good Thai & French place in Sommerville called Origins.  Other than that I am not sure what's around.  I went there last year so I am not sure if it is still around or what the story is.  I also saw a place on Rt. 22 called Famous Dave's BBQ - anyone know the scoop on this?  The place was packed last week when I was driving home.  I see they have a web site as well.  It's in the building that Steak & Ale was in.  I think it's Mountainside - Eastbound side of 22.

-Scott

You usually need to make reservations at Origins a few weeks in advance. If you feel like Cuban try Martino's in Somerville. Casual and BYO.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE