• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Nice Cabernet to Go With That Scorpion

alacarte

The following note in the current issue of BusinessWeek may be of interest. If I were in Miami, LA or Seattle, I'd want to attend. If anyone attends, please post about the talk!

Want to know the right wine to serve with sautéed rosemary rattlesnake or baked scorpion on endive leaves? Check out "A Taste of Adventure" -- a free dining and lecture series from The Explorers Club and Redwood Creek Wines. Participants will sample exotic cuisine paired with various wines as experts discuss everything from sharks to the gray wolves of Yellowstone National Park. Events are scheduled in Miami on Jan. 18, Los Angeles on Mar. 2, and Seattle on June 15. Call 888 281-8502 for reservations.
Edited by alacarte (log)

If anyone is in the Central Texas area, there is a wonderful restaurant in Austin called Hudson's on the Bend. They specialize in exotic game, Ive seen wildebeast, gazelle, snake, alligator, etc. on the menu and they have one of the finest wine lists in the area. John the sommelier can recommend a wine to go with whatever the have on the plate. You can experience this first hand!

Cheers,

Rob

"When I lived in Paris, and champagne was relatively cheap, I always enjoyed a half-bottle in the middle of the morning and another half-bottle at six or so in the evening. It did me a tremendous amount of good." - Gerald Hamilton.