• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yae Sung (Pine Hill korean)

tommy

before you could say "mediocre burger" the old (and completely unremarkable) Brassies on paramus road was transformed into a korean place. it happened so quickly that the old guys who hang out at the bar didn't seem to notice, and they look like they didn't have to move during the transition.

excellent kalbi and passable sushi (though i generally stick to japanese places for sushi). a wine list that surprisingly has a NZ sauvignon blanc and a few other palatable choices.

expect to pay the usual 18-20 for BBQ (done in the kitchen...no table grills), but without the typical gruff service.

i don't know of another korean place in that area, so this is a nice option.

123 Paramus Rd, just south of century rd.

• 1 year later...

Pine Hill is mercifully removing the big ol' bar left behind by Brassies, and adding more tables, some with gas grills.

the bar was nothing but a magnet for drinkers (and smokers before the ban) who probably didn't even notice that Brassies is now a Korean restaurant.

they're also revamping the "wine list" which means that right now they have only chardonnay and pinot grigio. although i'm told to not expect too much out of it once it's finalized (i'm hoping they're not doing away with the NZ SB at the very least).

most notable about Pine Hill: it's the only korean restaurant that i know of for miles.

Pine Hill is mercifully removing the big ol' bar left behind by Brassies, and adding more tables, some with gas grills.

the bar was nothing but a magnet for drinkers (and smokers before the ban) who probably didn't even notice that Brassies is now a Korean restaurant.

they're also revamping the "wine list" which means that right now they have only chardonnay and pinot grigio.  although i'm told to not expect too much out of it once it's finalized (i'm hoping they're not doing away with the NZ SB at the very least).

most notable about Pine Hill:  it's the only korean restaurant that i know of for miles.

any reports on the food at all.

• 1 month later...
food is poor here and not authentic.  go to Palisades Park for real Korean.

Or KeoKu in Parsippany :biggrin:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association