• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tsunami Relief Benefits in DC & DelMarVa

morela

Java Green will donate 15% of all sales on Thursday, January 6th and Friday, January 7th to organizations supporting the Tsunami relief efforts. In addition, the staff are contributing their tips all week.

Java Green is located right around the corner at 1020 19th Street (between L and K).

a respectable eat place collects at the bar, courtesy of a few thai employees... 1819 columbia road.

there is no love sincerer than the love of food

- george bernard shaw

i feel like love is in the kitchen with a culinary eye, think she's making something special and i'm smart enough to try

- interpol

Here's the aforementioned Post list.

Add to that Bangkok Joe's and THAI Shirlington. Here's their deals:

"Every time Chef Bunyarataphan's three-course lunch and dinner menu for

Restaurant Week are ordered, Bangkok Joe's will donate five dollars to the

Royal Thai Embassy, Washington, DC's tsunami relief fund. The menu,

available starting Monday, January 10th, will be offered through the end of

the month. T.H.A.I. in Shirlington, Bangkok Joe's sister restaurant, will

donate five dollars to the relief fund every time a guest orders the

restaurant's monthly special during January."

Nice way of incorporating restaurant week into the relief effort...

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog

Vermilion, Tallula and Evening Star Cafe are donating a percentage of sales from lunch & dinner shifts on Tuesday, January 18th. Wait staff and managers who wish to participate are also contributing tips and salaries from that day.

If you haven't been to one of these places in a while or have been meaning to try them out, next Tuesday might be a good time to go... :smile:

For anyone interested a Taste of the Nation/Zoofari type of event to benefit Tsunami Reelief efforts will be taking place on January 26th. Circle Bistro, Citronelle, Ristorante Tosca, Ristorante Terraza, Equinox, Marcel's, Galileo and others to be named later will be participating. The event will be held at Casa Italiana Language School from 6pm to 9pm. The donation is 50.00 and there will be both silent and live auctions. All proceeds go to The American Red Cross and UNICEF Relief efforts. A good time will be had by all.. For more info go to Casa Italiana

Hope to see some egulleters there

-Brendan

If he is thin, I will probably dine poorly. If he is both thin and sad, the only hope is in flight.”

Fernand Point

Cirrcle Bistro, Potato Peeler