• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheap/Moderately-priced dinner in Whistler

Ling

The best deal is a dozen oysters for $10 at the Bearfoot Bistro before 6pm - Chris, the shucker, is a terribly interesting guy as well - his oyster knowledge is bar none as he is actually planning to take over a lease near Bamfield sometime in the New Year - extremely passionate guy.

We ended up eating at Crepe Montagne, Earls, the place across from Citta's (La Bocca?) and Boston Pizza (twice! :unsure: ). We ate at Boston Pizza both Friday and Saturday nights because our condo was in Creekside and no one felt like taking the bus in the freezing cold. (I think it was -18 today!) Thanks for all the suggestions! More details in the "Last 3 places you ate at" thread....

Just got back from Whistler, too. Sorry we didn't bump into you, Ling!

We had a mit-full of $50 dining coupons good at the Fairmont, so we ate there most of the time - both Portobello and Wildflower. We went out Saturday night for dinner at the Bearfoot Bistro - it was unbelievably good. Honestly, one of the top 3 meals of my life. I'll post the details in the "Last 3" thread tomorrow.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

www.leecarney.com

Hi Ling:

glad you had a great time.

Ling the other good food place in the creekside is Hozs Pub and Restaurant, it is very much a Creekside tradition, many locals and people who do not want to go into the ZOO, usualy opt out of the village madness and stay Westside and Creekside.

The Word on Dusty’s is very quiet these days, many local have not forgiven IntraWest (Resistance is Futile) for tearing down the old building, the character lost with the demolition, that was the best party Whistler ever saw, everyone was at that party, there was a reunion party that Whistler put on so a lot of old Whistler dogs where around and many North Van/ West Van boys and girls, the who's who all partying down, each remembering the old days in their own way(RIP).

I liked the new Dusty's ate ther lots a few years back.

steve

Cook To Live; Live To Cook

The best deal is a dozen oysters for $10 at the Bearfoot Bistro before 6pm - Chris, the shucker, is a terribly interesting guy as well - his oyster knowledge is bar none as he is actually planning to take over a lease near Bamfield sometime in the New Year - extremely passionate guy.

I can second that. I watched him prepare oysters for the couple beside us at the bar on Saturday. Quite a story teller, Chris is.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

www.leecarney.com