• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Days 3-5, April 5-7:

Fat Guy

Read 'em both.

I think FG covered more of the food and the ambiance of the area than Reed did. I haven't done a line by line analysis of the two, but that could be interesting, too.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 2 weeks later...

Fatguy was in Seattle on the 1st and 2nd of May. On the 2nd of May, the Pacific NW forum gave Fatdog, Mr. and Mrs. Fatguy a good old bbq. I don't know if Fatguy will ever write about what happened between Austin and Vancouver, but if you absolutely must hear about something that happened in Seattle, click me.

re: edit, this damn Mozilla browser posts the message when you're finished entering the link, before you can double check. :angry:

• 3 months later...

A couple of updates on Sandor: 1) Have a look at the December issue of Food & Wine, which should be available in a few weeks. He gets a big mention in a piece I wrote, which is essentially a scaled-down and repurposed version of this diary. 2) I just got a very nice letter from Sandor (wouldn't you know, he writes letters), in which he says he's going to spend his winter in France doing two six-week stages: First at Ambroisie and then at Guy Savoy. Sandor doesn't mess around.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)