• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants to Try in 2005?

Rosie

Which NJ restaurants are on your "must try" in 2005 list?

The Jefferson in Hoboken

China 46

The Hoboken restaurants. Have to get the Jersey City kid out of me. :wink:

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."

Popular Science, 1891

Melt :biggrin:

...also:

Cucharamama

Village Green

Stage House Inn

Louisa's (Cape May)

hot rods bbq (if they ever open)

yeah...what's up with that? any signs of life out there, suzi? i check their website periodically and seems like nothing's happening...

Well, there's:

FASCINO

Cucharamama

And also FASCINO

And did I mention...heehee

:biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Not in any particular order

Nicholas.

The bar menu at Ryland

Bernards Inn

Seranade ( I promise an open mind)

The Jefferson

I've got a few NYC ones also. I'll add later if interested.

Lou, didn't you promise last fall to get to No. 9 in Lambertville? Did you ever go? :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Once again not enough South Jersey representation other than Cape May. We need a section on Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Mercer Counties!!

Cork in Westmont when it opens

Water Lily (Asian fusion opening this week) in Collingswood

Nunzio's in Collingswood

Di Marino's in Collingswood

Little Tuna in Haddonfield

Chef's Cafe in Cherry Hill

Max's in Cinnaminson

Sapori's in Collingswood

the garlic restaurant (name?) in madison,

Garlic Rose (also in Cranford)

deeeeelish :raz:

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

saffron

china 46

restaurant nicholas

hot rods bbq (if they ever open)

cooper fish house, cape may

When is Hot Rod's going to open. I drove to their old location in Mine Hill a few weeks after they closed. I was told they were opening a new place by the end of August 2004. I checked their web site at the end of october & they still weren't open? What is going on? I am jonesing for some BBQ close to home.

When is Hot Rod's going to open.  I drove to their old location in Mine Hill a few weeks after they closed.  I was told they were opening a new place by the end of August 2004.  I checked their web site at the end of october & they still weren't open?  What is going on?  I am jonesing for some BBQ close to home.

their website now says they're opening this month. we'll see....

I guess I'll add my list...altho most of my "must tries" are very local.

A new local seafood takeout place called Nemo's in Linden

Dick's Dock in Metuchen

Abracci's in Metuchen

Dan's on Main in Metuchen

The Metuchen Inn in (you guessed it!) Metuchen

The Frog and the Peach

Stage Left

China 46

An American Grill

(places I tried for the first time in 2005 were Garlic Rose in Cranford and Sebastian's Seafood Restaurant in Rahway)

Edited by Randi (log)

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne