• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO New Orleans Jazz Fest Spinach-Artichoke Casserole

Swisskaese

...and the White Chocolate Bread Pudding!!!!

Wait! This one I can help with. I loved the white chocolate bread pudding the first time I had it at Palace Cafe in New Orleans. The recipe was published in a tourist magazine, and sure enough, when I just googled it, I found several websites with it, here's one.

and the crawfish monica

and the cochon du lait

and the fried crafish pie!

why cant jazzfest be every day....

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I couldn't agree with you more. As I said in my piece, the world would be a better place if it if it could be a bit more like the world that exists for 7 days every year, on Gentilly Blvd. in New Orleans:

The food is wonderful, the music is great, and the people behave in a way that makes you wonder why the world is in such a mess. What more could you ask of an event of this magnitude? The Jazz Fest runs like a Swiss watch, it almost never rains, the food is perfectly served at great prices and the music is served perfectly as well.

I was wrong about the rain this year, but it really doesn't rain that often. :shock::angry::laugh:

I am looking for the recipes. I suspect most of them are in back issues of Offbeat and Gambit, and I have a giant box full of Jazz Fest Issues of both of those, so let me look tonight.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

and the crawfish monica

and the cochon du lait

and the fried crafish pie!

why cant jazzfest be every day....

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I couldn't agree with you more. As I said in my piece, the world would be a better place if it if it could be a bit more like the world that exists for 7 days every year, on Gentilly Blvd. in New Orleans:

The food is wonderful, the music is great, and the people behave in a way that makes you wonder why the world is in such a mess. What more could you ask of an event of this magnitude? The Jazz Fest runs like a Swiss watch, it almost never rains, the food is perfectly served at great prices and the music is served perfectly as well.

I was wrong about the rain this year, but it really doesn't rain that often. :shock::angry::laugh:

I am looking for the recipes. I suspect most of them are in back issues of Offbeat and Gambit, and I have a giant box full of Jazz Fest Issues of both of those, so let me look tonight.

mayhaw...you're my hero. :cool:

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

go here to the New Orleans Times-Picayune food recipe swap forums and ask. I am sure someone will be willing to share their personal recipe with you.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had any success in finding a recipe. :sad:

I tried everyone's suggestions and am still at a dead end. I guess I will have to buy a ticket to New Orleans, go to the Jazz Festival and bribe a concession stand for a recipe. :rolleyes:

I could think of worse things to be doing. :biggrin:

don't know if it is the official jazzfest recipe, but try this.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

2 pks frozen, chopped spinach/thawed and drain

1 stick butter

1 small chopped onion

1 8 oz. cream cheese

1 can mushroom soup

1 1/2 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained, cut in half (use the other 1/2 in salad)

1-1 1/2 cup parmesan or romano cheese

Saute onion in butter until soft, add spinach and toss, add cream cheese and mushroom soup, heat on low until cream cheese melts, add artichoke hearts.

Place in 9x13x3" baking pan, top with romano or parmesan cheese, heat in 350 oven until cheese melts.Serve warm with tortilla chips.

And go ahead and get those tickets, jazzfest is the best show around, by far. Any excuse for crawfish bread.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Michelle,

The Jazz Fest Food History thread lead me to something that might be helpful for you. On the Jazz Fest food, Ten Talents Catering, Mandeville, LA lists spinach artichoke casserole as an offering. maybe you can contact them for the recipe. I asked a friend the other day if she remembered this casserole, because I didn't, and she said, "They have vegetables at Jazz Fest?" :laugh:

Good luck!

Bridget

Bridget Avila

My Blog