• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Part II, Food Shopping In NY

JosephB

The new quarterly issue of the Art of Eating features an article by Mitchell Davis, an adjunct at NYU, which is essentially one man's "best of" list. Many of my favorite places are on the list, including Chambers Street Wines, and several of the Chelsea Market shops, though omission of the Lobster Place fish market is a grevious oversight. The article is certainly worth reading.

Edited by JosephB (log)

Unless particular libraries carry it, I think not. It is worth the subscription though.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I've seen it at Dean & Deluca. You might also want to try Kitchen Arts & Letters.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I've seen it at Dean & Deluca.  You might also want to try Kitchen Arts & Letters.

Yep, Kitchen Arts definitely has it.

JJ Goode

Co-author of Serious Barbecue, which is in stores now!

www.jjgoode.com

"For those of you following along, JJ is one of these hummingbird-metabolism types. He weighs something like eleven pounds but he can eat more than me and Jason put together..." -Fat Guy

If that is the case one might be better off buying the issues of particular interest as they come out. I haven't received my new issue yet.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz