• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barnstormer Barbeque

bbq chef

I'm heading up tomorrow with a minivan full of teenagers. We are going apple picking in the area and I can' think of a better way to end the day. I have been telling my kids about this place since I went with Tracey and Karl last year and we are finally finding an excuse to go ( originally my vegetarian best friend was going and we would have had to make other lunch plans! lol!).

Can't wait!

Dana

Nice go ahead and go without us!!!!

We almost went today :biggrin:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Nice go ahead and go without us!!!!

We almost went today :biggrin:

I did mention the minivan full of teenagers, right? :blink: I'd let you know a time to meet us but I don't know when they'll be done throwing...er, picking apples.

Actually, we were going to CIA to let Eric get a look at the campus, but they are closed today.

Guess we'll have to plan another trip. Never too much great Q.

• 3 months later...
Here we go again...months have gone by and no one has bothered to enlighten their tastebuds and enlarge their waistlines.

Oh well more for me......nothing new to report, FOOD GOOD!

tracey

Thanks. Coming in to 9 years. I am contemplating turning the other place into BBQ.. What do you all think?

Barnstormer BBQ

Rt. 9W

Fort Montgomery NY

845 446 0912

Geoff

Anytime you want to make more BBQ its a good thing to me. That will give us another riding area for the club lunches too.

but what I really want is the recipe for the cold shrimp

great now I want BBQ

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

My Webpage

• 4 months later...

Ya know I am staring to feel like I am the only EG-er to head north.

Oh well so be it, more for me, we actually went 2 Sundays in a row, one practice run for a motorcycle club ride the next week...July 1st. On June 24th 10 min after opening it was us and another couple stuffing our faces and someone for a takeout order for cornbread.

July 1st was a whole nuther story 10 of us strolled in to find a party of 25 smack down the middle of the place plus at least 4 booths seated....This was 15 min after opening, we were gonna be there for a while, and were. I love the look of panic in the waiters eyes, he took our drink orders and answered my question of weather the owner was around. Geoff was on his way, I love to see the owner bussing tables filling drinks and schmoozing customers. The big group ate and left, of course asking for separate checks after they ordered.

We ate like animals, overtipped for excellent, friendly service and rolled out of there like usual.

Wednesday Night's all you can eat ribs n chicken is calling to me already

Tracey

and GSMA

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

Maxine

My Webpage