• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Montecristo 12 yr

Chris Cognac

Yes, its very good. Drink it neat or on the rocks.

Its produced by the same company that produces Ron Zacapa Centenario, Ron Botran and of course, Ron Zaya.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

If you get a chance, get the Ron Zacapa Centenario sometime. Its 23 years old. There's a small amount of it in the Montecristo.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 2 weeks later...

Montecristo is certainly good rum, look for a little coffee note in the finish and I remember a little chocolate in the blend. Savor this one, but before you finish the bottle start looking for another.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.