• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kolachy Takes Vancouver!

Chef Fowke

At risk of sounding really, really, really pathetic, what's the parking situation like when one is in pursuit of Kolachys? I think I might venture down next week but hate the whole concept of praying to the parking Gods for a week in advance.

No gurantees obviously, but there is often on-street parking there on Beatty. Failing that, there is a parking lot entrance right between the 7-11 and the Kolachy Shop.

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

At risk of sounding really, really, really pathetic, what's the parking situation like when one is in pursuit of Kolachys? I think I might venture down next week but hate the whole concept of praying to the parking Gods for a week in advance.

No gurantees obviously, but there is often on-street parking there on Beatty. Failing that, there is a parking lot entrance right between the 7-11 and the Kolachy Shop.

Or call ahead and a fellow egulleter will be standing on the street with a bag and you can just reach out and grab it and get back to work !

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

But we do, unofficially. The table farthest from the window with lots of extra bench space so more of the eGullet kolachy groupies can squeeze in. I think Keith should put an eGullet plaque on the table. :rolleyes:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

But we do, unofficially.  The table farthest from the window with lots of extra bench space so more of the eGullet kolachy groupies can squeeze in.  I think Keith should put an eGullet plaque on the table.  :rolleyes:

Isn't the extra space for Noah to curl up and sleep?

A.

But we do, unofficially.  The table farthest from the window with lots of extra bench space so more of the eGullet kolachy groupies can squeeze in.  I think Keith should put an eGullet plaque on the table.   :rolleyes:

Isn't the extra space for Noah to curl up and sleep?

Yes... right after finishing a kolachy of his own and half my bowl of soup! :huh::biggrin:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Noooooo, not tomorrow at noon. Grrrr. I have a hair appt. at 1. Can't go kolaching again. When will it be my turn? (Really, I do have a long awaited for hair appt.) Don't ask me why I just repeated that, it just seemed like such a bad girlie excuse.

"One chocolate truffle is more satisfying than a dozen artificially flavored dessert cakes." Darra Goldstein, Gastronomica Journal, Spring 2005 Edition

I tried the BBQ beef today. It's my 2nd favourite.

BBQ?

Would that make it a hibachi kolachy?

:hmmm:

Jeff, I think that bruise on your forehead may be indicative of more severe dammage inside!

Stay tuned for the new kolachy 'o the week! I have the inside, and it's gonna be a good'un. One that nobody's even mentioned ... :wink:

A.

I want to know how you pronounce kolachy. Is it Ukranian for stuffed bun? And if Peppyre is stuck in the hospital, why is there no one offering to deliver kolachys (kolachies) to her bedside? :smile:

Shelora, shivering her timbers on Vancouver Island.

I want to know how you pronounce kolachy. Is it Ukranian for stuffed bun? And if Peppyre is stuck in the hospital, why is there no one offering to deliver kolachys (kolachies) to her bedside? :smile:

Shelora, shivering her timbers on Vancouver Island.

Shelora,

Ask, and ye shal receive: Clickety clickety.

A.

I want to send out a thank you to the egullet gang for thinking of the poor shut in at the Hamilton Street Grill, who despite only being a couple of blocks away, can't seem to get his own Kolachy and has to rely on the kindness of other to bring one over. This gang does not iclude Chef Fowke, who despite lots of empty promises has never come across with a single Kolachy.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com