• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kolachy Takes Vancouver!

Chef Fowke

Just had a cancelled conference call, so I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Kolachy Shop today at noon, too.

I've got short blonde hair and will be wearing Converse all-stars with flames. :)

Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Food Lover -- nothing more, nothing less

Rats, my husband has the car...not to mention I'm still in my pjs (well appreciated day off) so I guess I'll miss the Kolachy swarming.

"One chocolate truffle is more satisfying than a dozen artificially flavored dessert cakes." Darra Goldstein, Gastronomica Journal, Spring 2005 Edition

OK FINE!!! Just completely forget about the birthday girl, sitting in her office, unable to leave because of students that need training. Fine.....I'll remember this...really, I will. :biggrin: Stuck eating shitty hospital cafeteria food while everyone else gets Kolachies.....*mumbling rant over. back to work....K, I'm better now. Hope everyone has a good lunch :biggrin:

Will try to make it to the lunch gathering next Tuesday though. I'm dying to try the soup.

'Twas tortilla soup today ... sorry you missed it (and we missed you!)! Only about a billion calories though ...

See you Tuesday

A.

I was too late for Kolachies...had to settle for a bowl of chili...yummy but  :blink:

Serves you right for never bringing me one bitch !

Even though you publicly stated my wife is your new best friend for the white truffle for Xmas, do I get a simple dough ball with filling ? Nooooooooo. :angry:

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

'Twas tortilla soup today ... sorry you missed it (and we missed you!)!  Only about a billion calories though ... 

A billion and a half calories, actually. The Tortilla Soup was damn good, but I had to keep tapping my carotid arteries every now and again to loosen all the cholesterol buildup. Worth every spoonful!

And the Chicken Masala is now my official second favourite kolachy, rapidly closing in on that Reuben.

Wish I could make it next Tuesday, but I'm doing the whole gradual entry preschool thing with Noah. Anyone up for kolachy two Wednesdays from now?

Joie

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I can't believe this but I am seriously contemplating flying up from California so I can stand in line for a "dough ball with filling", and see what you are all going nuts about. I'm gonna call you guys on your shameless bluff.

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

How about Beef Bourguignon kolachy? They had a Christmas Ham kolachy... what about a Roasted Turkey kolachy with stuffing and cranberry sauce/jelly?

I can't believe this but I am seriously contemplating flying up from California so I can stand in line for a "dough ball with filling", and see what you are all going nuts about.  I'm gonna call you guys on your shameless bluff.

Worth the flight. Seriously. :smile:

What's tortilla soup like? Creamy? Garnished with tortilla crispies?

Creamy doesn't even cover it. Yes, garnished with crispy tortilla strips. Tomato base. Black beans. Sour cream. Keith is better qualified to enlighten you on the exact ingredients. I only remember what I put into my own version, but I wouldn't want to compromise their recipe. :rolleyes:

And wow... my cookies made your obsession list! :wub: I do have leftovers. You interested?!

Edited by Mooshmouse (log)

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

OMG - its official

egullet is pushing every OCD button of mine. I have just talked my brother into driving down from the North Shore to pick me up from dowtown and drive me down to yaletown so I can one of these little guys.

Deborah - when you are saying that this is their "last day" - I am guessing that you mean their last batch of the day. Otherwise this adds a layer of urgency to my OCDness that will send me into overdrive.

OMG - its official

egullet is pushing every OCD button of mine.  I have just talked my brother into driving down from the North Shore to pick me up from dowtown and drive me down to yaletown so I can one of these little guys.

Deborah - when you are saying that this is their "last day" - I am guessing that  you mean their last batch of the day.  Otherwise this adds a layer of urgency to my OCDness that will send me into overdrive.

No, I mean it's the weekly special, and it's the end of the week!!!

Don't worry, the other ones are great as well, though! and the Navy Bean soup has some still-al-dente beans, but on the whole is just yummy. Nice sausage in there.

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies