• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kolachy Takes Vancouver!

Chef Fowke

They showed it a second time on the late news.

Free Kolachys for life for nwyles !

You can't buy that kind of exposure. I think that with that kind of press, you could do Neil a favour and make a few Kolachys without green peppers.

I think my voice is much deeper in person - It sounded a little high a squeaky - perhaps they were running the tape extra fast. :biggrin:

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

They showed it a second time on the late news.

Free Kolachys for life for nwyles !

You can't buy that kind of exposure. I think that with that kind of press, you could do Neil a favour and make a few Kolachys without green peppers.

I think my voice is much deeper in person - It sounded a little high a squeaky - perhaps they were running the tape extra fast. :biggrin:

Yes Neil (inserting Shill), why not ask Keith about the new Kolachy Cards that are going to be released in 2006! A cash card AND a rewards program...

Sometimes squeaky is good...

Chef/Owner/Teacher

So I stayed up until midnight to watch you guys, then I couldn't sleep because it made me so friggin hungry! :blink:

I liked the cutaway shot of the kolachy and the pan of freshly roasted chicken breasts. When are you guys going to open up a shop on Mid Main so we don't have to trek downtown for them?

Also, you should open one up at the airport. They're so good to take on the airplane.

Zuke

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

Just thought I'd give a heads up on the new feature kolachy for monday. Slow roasted new zealand leg of lamb in a traditional greek tomato sauce with cinnamon and whole pepper corns. I cooked the lamb for 8 hours so it's pretty tender.

Keith, if you're tooting your own horn, you forgot to mention how good this week's chicken curry special was... one of my new favourites! :smile:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Just thought I'd give a heads up on the new feature kolachy for monday. Slow roasted new zealand leg of lamb in a traditional greek tomato sauce with cinnamon and whole pepper corns. I cooked the lamb for 8 hours so it's pretty tender.

oh my gosh, sounds absolutely delicious!!! :smile:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

If anyone is interested, there will be a short snipet on CTV Monday Jan. 9th on the 5:00 pm broadcast about the kolachy shop. Neil(aka nwyles) of Hamilton Street Grill fame was asked where he enjoys eating and the camera crew followed him to the kolachy shop (thanks Neil).  I don't know how it will come across as i wasn't as prepared as i would have liked but it should prove entertaining.

It was great!! Since I didn't have the opportunity to get on line until today, I thought there'd be a bit more about Neil on here. It was nice to see him interviewed, and I thought it was a great promo about the Vancouver food scene in general. The rest of the shows were great too, however, they seemed to be trying to be comparable to the Global shows quite a few weeks ago. Any comments about the other places commented on ?

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

If anyone is interested, there will be a short snipet on CTV Monday Jan. 9th on the 5:00 pm broadcast about the kolachy shop. Neil(aka nwyles) of Hamilton Street Grill fame was asked where he enjoys eating and the camera crew followed him to the kolachy shop (thanks Neil).  I don't know how it will come across as i wasn't as prepared as i would have liked but it should prove entertaining.

It was great!! Since I didn't have the opportunity to get on line until today, I thought there'd be a bit more about Neil on here. It was nice to see him interviewed, and I thought it was a great promo about the Vancouver food scene in general. The rest of the shows were great too, however, they seemed to be trying to be comparable to the Global shows quite a few weeks ago. Any comments about the other places commented on ?

I thought there would be a bit more on Neil as well !

They shot enough footage for a short film, but I ended up on the cutting room floor.

At least I get free Kolachy's for life now.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

I thought there would be a bit more on Neil as well !

They shot enough footage for a short film, but I ended up on the cutting room floor.

At least I get free Kolachy's for life now.

With the amount of footage they shot in the shop we could have been the news for monday. I however am glad that most of my stuff ended up on the cutting room floor. by the way Neil, did you notice that there are no green peppers in the new feature?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, OK, today I'm having a bacon dog kolachy and the fab pea soup (and wondering if pork and beans would work as a kolachy filling?) because they go together, but there is a Hawaiian Pizza feature kolachy this week that will cross my lips sometime very soon...

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Whoa, OK, today I'm having a bacon dog kolachy and the fab pea soup (and wondering if pork and beans would work as a kolachy filling?) because they go together, but there is a Hawaiian Pizza feature kolachy this week that will cross my lips sometime very soon...

We had a breakfast feature that had pork and beans in it (english breakfast). Not one of my personal favorites but it sold like crazy and we had a lot of people asking for it to be brought back so watch for it soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yeah, the tourtière will be part of my lunch tomorrow :biggrin:

Had two today -- a butter chicken AND a tartiere! Both were delicious... the butter chicken was milder spice-wise than I expected but still fabulous -- would definitely order it again. My fave of the two was the tartiere, tho.

I had wanted to get a sweet (cranberry & lemon) for dessert later tonight, but unfortunately hit the store when all sweets except one lone apricot were out.

Well, there's always this weekend!

Food Lover -- nothing more, nothing less

• 3 weeks later...
know when you are coming in next and I will get you a cranberry lemon on the house, sorry

No need to be sorry -- it's fresh ... I get that!!!

Plus, I've already been in and gotten my fix (twice!).

Food Lover -- nothing more, nothing less