• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mama Tucci in Madison

Susan

• 1 year later...

Have been here 3 times, once for lunch and twice for dinner including a quick stop last night. Small dinning room with only 10 tables. They bend over backwards to make you happy. The menu is imaginative for a small neighborhood place, too many dishes with nuts for me (I'm allergic), but the chef has an idea of what he wants to do and I've liked what I've had.

Big news for these guys: they will close in Madison after Feb. 28th and will re-open in the new Livingston Centre in mid April. The new restaurant will have 200 seats plus outside seating on a terrace. It will still be BYO. I wish them well.

I've been thinking about this move to the much larger Livingston location and I'm wondering how they're going to go from serving 40 customers to serving 200. Its gotta be a huge transition. Any of the restaurant people who read this want to weigh in on how hard thats gonna be and how long it will take them to pull it off?