• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Restaurants of 2004

Rosie

Best of '04 in NJ for me would be:

Origin-Somerville

Wasabi-Somerville

Ryland Inn-Whitehouse

But I'm just learning of plenty of places I'd like to try out in the area (mainly from this site).

"Shut up and cook." - Former Chef Instructor '93

Well, I guess I have been remiss since my trade name is "South Jersey Epicurean." I was with Katie for some of her South Jersey list.....

Le Me Toujours Evesham (RIP) but Jennifer the chef will will be resurfacing either this month or next month at Cork in Collingswood

Tortilla Press Collingswood

The Black Swan Mt. Laurel

Fiesta Mexicana Hammonton (Mole to die for) & so inexpensive

Tavola Des Amici Cherry Hill (red gravy Italian in huge portions)

DeLorenzo's for tomato pie Trenton

Emerald Fish Cherry Hill

Cafe Alicia Cherry Hill

Barnicle Ben's Moorestown

SJE

A shame about Le Me Toujours, it was also a favorite of ours. Did not see Misto (Village Walk center Cherry Hill) on your list.

Give it a try, awesome food and a nice atmosphere.

Good to see The Black Swan is still good. Have not been there in about a year. Seeing your note will remind me to get back there.

Tom

Tom D

My list for 2004 would have to be:

Bernards Inn

Ixorra

Nicholas

Ryland Inn

Stage House

Stage Left

I still have many I'd like to get to in 2005...any suggestions for places that should be on the top of my list?

edit - can't forget Red's Lobster Pot - great summer spot

Edited by gourmand2 (log)

My favorites, in order, for 2004:

Aozora, Montclair

Grissini, Englewood Cliffs

Bangkok Kitchen, Caldwell

Deja Vu, Montclair

Stage Left, East Brunswick (Wine Dinners)

Saigon Republic, Englewood (Mo Pho, Ft. Lee sister restaurant)

Mortons Steakhouse, Hackensack (I know, it's 'boring' right? Well, it was the best rib eye I have ever had! Too bad they don't serve onion rings!)

My favorites, in order, for 2004:

Aozora, Montclair

Grissini, Englewood Cliffs

Bangkok Kitchen, Caldwell

Deja Vu, Montclair

Stage Left, East Brunswick (Wine Dinners)

Saigon Republic, Englewood (Mo Pho, Ft. Lee sister restaurant)

Mortons Steakhouse,  Hackensack (I know, it's 'boring' right?  Well, it was the best rib eye I have ever had!  Too bad they don't serve onion rings!)

That, as you obviously know, is one of the restaurant's weaknesses, however, they have expanded their 'Daily Specials' menu. There are a few items that used to be specials that have been added to the regular menu, but not too many new items. They never seem to have my favorite: Panang!