• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Knife Sharpening near Boston

slbunge

• 1 month later...
As I live close by I packed all my knives today and went to Siraco. Unfortunately the store has closed. It seems, however, that they are still sharpening knives but they have to be dropped off at other places.

A list is here:

http://www.siracosharpening.com/

They also have a regularly scheduled service at:

Quilter's Way

75 Commonwealth Ave

Concord, MA 01742

phone: 978-371-1177

email: info@quiltersway.com

Service is scheduled for a specific dated, I believe every two months, although if there's an increased demand, they might go back to every month. Usually they will complete the sharpening the same day or the next day, depending how many items there are to do.

Prices are modest, but payment must be made in cash when the items are consigned for sharpening, because the store just passes each customer's package with the payment and items to be sharpened on to Siraco. If you have any special requests about how an item should be sharpened or finished, just write a note and include it with your knives.

You can drop off your knives (or scissors) in advance, if you want, and the shop will call when they're ready to be picked up.

- L.