• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hell's Kitchen 2

I,m still watching it, and i agree it's not a great show.Only thing of interest to me tonight was Gary Rhodes closing his kitchen and then bitching about JC stepping in a serving his guests.Has Gary Rhodes ever bloody ever closed any of his "real" kitchens because the food was sub par?Of course not, so why do it on this game show? He threw in the towel.

well that £250k it more then enough to get a place up and running

so, is that what a MacD franchise costs these days?

which is just about all any of them could handle.

very, very dull this year

I,m still watching it, and i agree  it's not a great show.Only thing of interest to me tonight was Gary Rhodes closing his kitchen and then bitching about JC stepping in a serving his guests.Has Gary Rhodes ever bloody ever closed any of his "real" kitchens because the food was sub par?Of course not, so why do it on this game show? He threw in the towel.

No otherwise the kitchen would probably have been shut the night I was there :biggrin:

I get the feeling it's all too scripted. It's 5 all, what a surprise!. Rhodes is looking like a real prick, all the whispered griping to his sous chef seems utterly ridiculous and then having the cheek to argue when Novelli's kitchen won - well it all makes good TV doesn't it? Do we really think that Rhodes is going to leave that kitchen and have a grudge against Novelli as he does at the moment?

God, I can't wait until it's over so I don't have to watch this shite any more.

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

God, I can't wait until it's over so I don't have to watch this shite any more.

:huh:

then what will you watch?

don't think there any more cooking competition things in the pipeline

as otherwise i would have applied for them :raz:

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

Still watching, Gary R, I have a lot of respect for him, but man, since finding my copy of his "Tate and Lyle" cookbook and now THIS.. :)

It's a good enough show, fills the post-dinner void quite well I guess. Still find it hilarious at how Sam played Arron out of the game, she didn't really think much to the idea of meeting up again, whilst he was smitten. She's playing the game, watch as she now starts to cuddle up to someone else so they get the chop.

I've realised as the series goes on that I don't like any of the contestants or the chefs (or should that be the chef's TV personas), which doesn't help much. We're not getting to see much cooking and the "dramas" such as closing the kitchens is all too familiar from the first series.

Much to my surprise, the only person I have any sympathy for is Laura Aikens who is caught between the two chef's ridiculous grandstanding and has to face the hungry drunken hoards each night. I was immensly pleased to see the back of Aiken's arch nemesis and annoying cow Aby, although God help her real life work mates who can't vote her out of their lives.

Is anybody else finding Gary Rhodes management style akin to that if David Brent?

:laugh:

Kerry is a sure to win this now, only that Geordie bloke and her to deserve to be in this.

I missed the first few minutes last night, why was JCN so moody? Besides him being french, and everything :wink:

Yeah, it's Kellie and I reckon it's between her and Terry. Kellie should win because so far she has been consistently working hard, doing as she told and coping well under pressure. But I wonder whether she can cook?

I thought GR was bang out of order for calling the Blue Team "animals". So what do you call your team Gary, when they screamed and hooted? How could you call people that?

Glad Aby went out - she was arrogant.

Watching these guys have killed any desire that I may have had to be a chef. :laugh:

Loud, but a great attitude.Good attitude, team player, does not seem to loose it when the shit hits the fan.Best bit of the whole series was her recieving the results of last nights service,alone in the kitchen.

True. Looks like she's putting her army experience to practise - it must have been scary to have a gun held to your head.

I so want her to win, especially when the annoying and ready-to-strip (why?) Mr. Rhodes tried to poach her.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the chefs sous's on the show are actually the ones in their restuarants? Whats there backgrounds?

I went into a French restaraunt and asked the waiter, 'Have you got frog's legs?' He said, 'Yes,' so I said, 'Well hop into the kitchen and get me a cheese sandwich.'

Tommy Cooper

Kerry? Her names Kellie, and she should walk it.Hope so, i have money on it!

Bugger, Kellie lost :angry:

Woud love to see someone back her in venture, would not be surprised if JC helped out in the future.I would if i had the cash.

Kerry? Her names Kellie, and she should walk it.Hope so, i have money on it!

Bugger, Kellie lost :angry:

Woud love to see someone back her in venture, would not be surprised if JC helped out in the future.I would if i had the cash.

How much did you lose Bas? :raz:

I was surprised to be honest - I thought she would walk it.

:laugh: hahaha !! are you guys that naive?! :raz:

you really think the UK public would allow the student of a French chef to win?

especially up against a lovely northerner and Gary Rhodes? :wink:

so now thats over whats next?

hmmm.....

:biggrin:

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"