• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Too many ginger snap cookies

shanta

I have a few boxes of ginger snap cookies and wanted to use them as a pie crust or in any other recipes...

Can ginger snap cookies be used in a pie crust? What kind of filling would you suggest?

Anyone tried it?

Any recipes or ideas that use ginger snap cookies?

there is also a recipe on epicurious for pumpkin pie(from the pie and pastry bible) that uses gingersnap cookies-you press them into your pie crust to keep it from getting soggy.

Sandra

This is fabulous! I use it every time I make pumpkin pie now! The cream cheese crust is also an excellent change from the regular pie crust for this pie!

Edited by chefcyn (log)
It's not the destination, but the journey!

Rose Levy Beranbaum also uses gingersnaps pressed into the top of the crust for her pumkin pie-- I tried it this year and it worked out very well.

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;

but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"