• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foie Gras

AzRaeL

Does anyone know where to get Foie Gras (raw) in the lowermainland

and what's the damage? How much does it cost?

I feel like preparing a special meal for my GF cuz she's never eaten Foie Gras before (and she better like it too haha).

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

Does anyone know where to get Foie Gras (raw) in the lowermainland

and what's the damage? How much does it cost?

I feel like preparing a special meal for my GF cuz she's never eaten Foie Gras before (and she better like it too  haha).

Greetings,

There's a neat new cheese shop , 1700 Block West 2nd (south side)

The name escapes me (they use to be in Dunbar, always refered to them as "the cheese Ladies)

The have French and Quebec Foie Gras (cheaper)

P.

Dress British Think Yiddish

many thanks y'all. I shall slowly induct her into the world of haute cuisine.

currently, she's as Meat & Potatoes as you can get. Took me plenty of coaxing to get her to try raw fish.

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

Try La Petit France (Fir and 10th Ave) where I have sometimes seen Foie Gras. They also have pate, confit de canard, croissants, cakes, chocolates... all made by the owner, great quality.

you might also find Foie Gras at Oyama Sausage Co. in the Granville Island public market. fantastic selection of cheese, pate and sausage there.

Alistair Durie

Elysian Coffee

I agree with Phoodfan - I leave the Foie Gras to the pros. Dana Reinhardt at Cru is one of the best in my opinion as is West. My most recent experience was at Cru - perfectly carmelized exterior with a meltingly smooth interior. Crunchy, smooth, ethereal flavour. All kinds of experiences in one bite. What eating is all about and what all the searching is about.

Cheers,

Karole

Try Hills Foods, they have Foie Gras Du Canard.

Let us know how you make out, having tried cooking with Foie Gras, I now leave it to the Professionals.

Oh man, is it that difficult? I dont wanna blow $30 worth of fat liver and screw up royally. The recipe seems easy enough. I was inspired by the Iron Chef foiegras challenge.