• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

7 hours ago, Chris Hennes said:

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm not sure I want to know... Have you eaten there? Do you agree with the Eater piece's assessment?

That was a quote from Sietsema, though it looks as if I said it!

Anyway, I have not yet been  - it just opened, and I don't get over to that neighborhood too often (but to try these, I think I'll have to get over there soon).  But I think what Sietsema is trying to say (?) is that a good Neapolitan pie (a marinara or a margherita being the iconic examples) is relatively healthy compared to, say, that deep dish monstrosity.

FWIW, I had this for lunch yesterday.  Not necessarily wholesome; only delicious...

image.thumb.jpeg.6d95d128dae875435f78b3be18e9752a.jpeg

Two fairly iconic NY slices, at Joe's on 14th Street.  Jug of crushed red pepper for your enjoyment if you so wish.

weinoo

weinoo

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm not sure I want to know... Have you eaten there? Do you agree with the Eater piece's assessment?

I have not - it just opened, and I don't get over to that neighborhood too often (but to try these, I think I'll have to get over there soon).  But I think what Sietsema is trying to say (?) is that a good Neapolitan pie (a marinara or a margherita being the iconic examples) is relatively healthy compared to, say, that deep dish monstrosity.

FWIW, I had this for lunch yesterday.  Not necessarily wholesome; only delicious...

image.thumb.jpeg.6d95d128dae875435f78b3be18e9752a.jpeg

Two fairly iconic NY slices, at Joe's on 14th Street.  Jug of crushed red pepper for your enjoyment if you so wish.

weinoo

weinoo

I have not - it just opened, and I don't get over to that neighborhood too often.  But I think what Sietsema is trying to say (?) is that a good Neapolitan pie (a marinara or a margherita