• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

hudson restaurant week

pnapoli

Thanks for the info! Think they realize that Jan 24 - Feb 4 is actually two weeks?? :hmmm:

And do you know for sure if this means Hudson County or could it be along the Hudson? Couldn't tell from that site. Just curious as to where you found it/heard about it.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Hi - Tamara from Hudson Restaurant Week! The promotion is for Hudson County, NJ and we currently have restaurants participating from Hoboken, Jersey City, and North Bergen... with more to be confirmed by the end of the week. Please check back Monday for list!

Tamara

Hudsonrestaurantweek.com

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the list of participating restaurants as of 12/30 (2-3 still on the fence - if anyone knows someone that wants to participate please call me ASAP 732-599-3522):

3 Forty Grill

4 Fifty 5

Baja

Café Newport

Casa Dante

Comfort

Confucius

Edwards Steakhouse

Illuzion

Komegashi

Komegashi Too

Liberty House Restaurant

Merchant Bar, The

Quays, The

Sabor

South City Grill

Spirito Grill

Trinity

Just plugging through my emails from the last two days (bet you can tell from all of my posts... :rolleyes:) and I had one from the HRW folks. I've emailed this directly to them, but wanted to make this comment more publicly--why put together a promotion like this and simply post a list of the restaurants that are participating without including the address/phone number/web site?!? If I owned one of these restaurants, I'd certainly be annoyed by this, as it's more likely that your existing customers are the ones who will take advantage of the bargain! Isn't the idea to also introduce these restaurants to potential customers? People aren't going to go too far out of their way (even for a great deal) if they aren't handed all of the details!! If there is one thing that ticks me off, it's p.r. folks who don't get that.

Okay, rant over.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

Hi Curlz - Thanks for your comments. We were actually going to post additional info and each restaurant will have their own page with menu and further details tonight. The preliminary site info and email was a sneak peek for those that registered to the Hudson Restaurant Week site. All print & marketing materials will have all restaurant info - because yes it's to entice potential customers to get to know these restaurants!

VERY happy to hear it, and I appreciate your quick response, Tamara!

• 2 weeks later...

I attended a party recently that showcased some of the restaurants that will be participating in Hudson Restaurant Week. What I tasted was delicious and with a price of $30.05 for a three course dinner and $15.05 for a three course lunch it is quite a bargain (beverage, tax and gratuity are extra). Some of the items I sampled were chopped tuna on sesame crackers from 4Fifty5 (Chef Jay Mc Donald); seviche from Sabor (Chef Carl Ruiz); eggplant stuffed with crabmeat from Spirito Grill (Chef Joseph Mastrella); steak spring rolls from Edwards Steakhouse (Chef Edward Gozdz); macaroni and cheese from Comfort (Gregg Liepzig owner); and vegetable empanadas from Baja (Mary De La Rosa manager).Tamara Remedios owner of “Get Out Hudson” magazine (www.getouthudson.com) is the organizer of this event. For more information log onto www.hudsonrestaurantweek.com.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

FYI, an updated list of participating restaurants has been posted on the HRW web site.

"Whatever your needs the Merchant can fill it. Weather it be Lunch, Dinner, after work drinks or to just sit at the bar with friends." :blink:

It's the cooking skills that matter, not the grammar, right?

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

"Whatever your needs the Merchant can fill it. Weather it be Lunch, Dinner, after work drinks or to just sit at the bar with friends."  :blink:

It's the cooking skills that matter, not the grammar, right?

this type of thing scares me. i know that it probably has nothing to do with the food or the service or the love, but i just don't get it. i have plenty of friends in the industry who barely got out of high school (and weren't paying attention for those 5 years), and who didn't put a lot of effort into learning certain skills. like grammar. but, i have to worry even more about people who don't recognize their limitations and, when creating what is perhaps the biggest PR vehicle their business will ever see (website), make mistakes that a 4th grade student would make. i mean i really have to worry. and where are their friends pointing out the spelling errors/typos/etc?!?!?!?!?!?!!

husdon restaurant week got a mention in today's "dining in" section of the new york times.

Uhboy. This is one of my biggest pet peeves! If any of you feel the same way, pick up a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves and you'll see that we are not alone. In fact, we probably aren't nearly as peeved as we think we are... :biggrin:

edited to delete the duplicate posting

Edited by Curlz (log)

Uhboy.  This is one of my biggest pet peeves!  If any of you feel the same way, pick up a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves and you'll see that we are not alone.  In fact, we probably aren't nearly as peeved as we think we are...  :biggrin:

Heh heh, it's amusing to pick out the errors in the Amazon customers' reviews of this book; particularly the ones from those who didn't like the book! :laugh:

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845