• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mid-Peninsula Christmas dinner

Margaret Pilgrim

John Bentley's and The Village Pub in Woodside are very good. 231 Ellsworth in San Mateo is owned by alums of the Plummed Horse in Saratoga, and their chef has quite a resume. I haven't been, but have heard good things.

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

John Bentley's and The Village Pub in Woodside are very good.  231 Ellsworth in San Mateo is owned by alums of the Plummed Horse in Saratoga, and their chef has quite a resume.  I haven't been, but have heard good things.

My good friend, a foodie to the core, just had the chef's tasting at 231 Ellsworth, and she love-love-loved it. But I'm not seeing them on OpenTable.com. I think it's so late, your options are going to be really limited. And not knowing the number in your party, it's hard to guess seating availability.

The cast: two people: 30+ male, 90+ female. Mealtime, anywhere from 1pm to 5pm.

231, Chez TJ are both closed on Christmas Day.

So far, I have come up with hotel dining rooms: The Duck Club at Stanford Park, Soliel at the Palo Alto Westin and aforementioned Ritz Carlton.

Edited by Margaret Pilgrim (log)

eGullet member #80.