• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vins Nature

cru

I'm looking for restaurants and wine bars in Paris that specialize in organic/natural/biodynamic wines. I've been to Chateaubriand, Cremerie Caves Miard, Casa Vigata & Le Bistral. All outstanding. If anyone knows of a special place that I'm not familiar with please let me know.

Why don't you try la Muse Vin (11th), le Verre Volé (10th), the tiny tables at Chapeau Melon (in the 19th, this one is actually a wine shop), le Baratin (20th), l'Estaminet du Marché (3rd)? Don't drink too much -- even though the unsulphered wines won't leave you with any kind of headache! :wink:

"Mais moi non plus, j'ai pas faim! En v'là, une excuse!..."

(Jean-Pierre Marielle)

• 1 year later...

I love the Pré Verre too.

I read that Le Temps au Temps serves vins nature as well.

Another place not mentioned here is Autour d'un verre, a little hole in the wall type place in the 9th, known for having a great natural wine list. One owner is from California the other from Sweden, I think. They serve very simple and inexpensive food. I had a very nice pan-seared cod served over a bed of spinach and a salad of "ancient" tomatoes, and both came to about 15 €.

Cru, I bet you would love Chapeau Melon, which Le Zouave mentioned above and Le Baratin if you haven't been already.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Speaking of "hole in the wall" type places in the 9th, last summer, Denis from the Constant group opened "Café des Artistes" on rue Saulnier just around the corner from the Folies Bergère. He has above average food and wine for a tiny little café.