• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Other Chefs

It's always tough to talk about colleagues. It's complicated, since I have many friends and I don't want to forget any of them.

If you ask me what I would like to copy, that would be the sensitivity of Tetsuya Wakuda. I have seven or eight great chefs that I very much admire. From the last generation, Heston Blumenthal, without any question, will bring us emotions in the next twenty years.

Beside combinations, a day will come when it'll be extremely hard to create something new.

Edited by Ferran Adrià (log)

Ferran Adrià

elBulli

I must say that I agree with you Chef, that Tetsuya is an incredible chef, and he gets no credit east of Down Under. His book rocks, and his food is incredible. Blumenthal is just pure genius, althoug, I feel it is under the direction of what you have trailblazed for him.

Tonyy13

Owner, Big Wheel Provisions

tony_adams@mac.com

I'd like to add something about Heston, who is a friend of mine. Even if I didn't like his cuisine, which I do, he's probably the most interesting chef in the world.

He understood that cooking is to have fun, which is something that people don't explain. People like to focus on the molecular thing, which is difficult to understand.

Ferran Adrià

elBulli