• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Fooding: Events and Awards

Felice

These do sound like fun. I'll have to be more careful about planning my next trip to coincide with one.  Felice, how do you learn the password?

The passwords are normally posted on their website the day before the event or even the day of. The next one is on October 16 however the venue is listed as "secret" so it probably won''t be open to the public. The chef is Didier Elena of Les Crayeres, which explains why.

I have not even attempted to go to the last few soirées (different from the festivals) because they tend to be VERY crowded. Unfortunately free food and drink tends to have that effect.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

I have not even attempted to go to the last few soirées (different from the festivals) because they tend to be VERY crowded.  Unfortunately free food and drink tends to have that effect.

Even at the Café Delaville, which is a spacious place (that was in March I believe), it was so crowded that it was — just forget it. I wonder what it will be like at the small Alimentation Générale. I think the best Fooding events are the very large ones, when they rent huge spaces that can accomodate crowds. The Winter Fooding 2002 at the Palais de Tokyo was the classic and most remembered example.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every year on the last evening of the Fooding festival, a panal of food critics chooses the year's 'Fooding awards', which can be found on their website.

This year's winners are.....

Fooding 2006 du meilleur billot latino (best Latino ‘butcher block’)

Unico

Fooding 2006 de la meilleure table ex aequo (best table, tied)

Le Chateaubriand

Fooding 2006 de la meilleure table ex aequo (best table, tied)

Sa Qua Na (Honfleur)

Fooding 2006 du meilleur déjeuner (best lunch)

Youpala Bistrot (Saint-Brieuc)

Fooding 2006 du meilleur voir et être vu (best place to see and be seen)

Hôtel Amour

Fooding 2006 de la meilleure maison de campagne (best country restaurant)

La Cour de Rémi (Bermicourt)

Fooding d'honneur 2006 (Fooding award 2006)

Le Transversal

Fooding du mérite culinaire 2006 (2006 culinary achievement)

Claude Colliot (L'Orénoc)

Fooding 2006 de la meilleure rue (The 2006 Fooding for ‘the best street’)

La rue Paul Bert 75011

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

26 November-3 December

gallery_7346_2115_80699.jpg

This year's "Semaine de la Fooding" starts tomorrow and like last year, there isn't one event, but a series of events going on around the city. There is a bit of everything, from an espresso bar in the 9th, a night for two with room service in a Parisian hotel, dinner chez Patrick Samot of La Famille, or dinner in the kitchen of some of Paris best restaurants (the Ritz, Violin d'Ingres, Flora, Gazetta, La Regalade, etc), a hidden Cognac bar, to a seat aboard a wine bus accompanied by the Minister of Agriculture. Sounds fun, but the truc is to secure a place, which will not be easy.

To try your luck, head to their website www.lefooding.com

The Fooding guide has also just been released and is available in newstands now. I have to say this is definitely one of my favorite guides.

Photo: Iris de Moüy

• 2 weeks later...

This year's Fooding® awards in Paris include: (from their website)

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur bobo-vino (Best Bobo wine bar)

IL VINO

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur décor (Best Decor)

CHEZ JEANNETTE

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur home cinema (Best Home Cinema)

LE SALON CINEMA DU PANTHEON

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur 1 Pièce Cuisine (Best One Room Kitchen)

SPRING

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur bistrot (Best Bistro)

LE GRAND PAN

Fooding® 2007 de la meilleure cave à manger (Best wine shop/restaurant)

RACINES

Quite a surprise that Le Grand Pan won. There are much better, such as Afaria. My recent visit to Le Grand Pan was fine, but nothing special. But Afaria was far superior in every way.

This year's Fooding® awards in Paris include:   (from their website)

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur bobo-vino (Best Bobo wine bar)

IL VINO

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur décor (Best Decor)

CHEZ JEANNETTE

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur home cinema (Best Home Cinema)

LE SALON CINEMA DU PANTHEON

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur 1 Pièce Cuisine (Best One Room Kitchen)

SPRING

Fooding® 2007 du meilleur bistrot  (Best Bistro)

LE GRAND PAN

Fooding® 2007 de la meilleure cave à manger (Best wine shop/restaurant)

RACINES

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Quite a surprise that Le Grand Pan won. There are much better, such as Afaria. My recent visit to Le Grand Pan was fine, but nothing special. But Afaria was far superior in every way.

I'd agree about Afaria, Fresh, as I've stated here, but 6 months ago, on that side of the stream, Le Grand Pan twasn't bad.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I guess "wasn't bad" cuts it for them... or maybe Afaria is just too new...anyone here read and got comments on the new fooding guide?

I'd agree about Afaria, Fresh, as I've stated here, but 6 months ago, on that side of the stream, Le Grand Pan twasn't bad.

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

• 6 months later...

It time again for the Grand Fooding d’Eté, the Fooding summer BBQ where some of France’s most talented chefs cook for the masses to benefit Action Contre la Faim. It is a great day, but you need to be there early, as the word is out and things can get crowded.

Sunday, 15 June in Strasboug

Sunday, 22 June in Paris

Sunday, 29 June in Nice

Sunday 6 July in Lyon

You will find all you need to know on their website (and I will put up a bit more in the Calendar shortly)

Grand Fooding d'Ete

• 5 months later...

Well, last nights clandestine club located in Laperouse was fun. Cognac cocktails, langoustine nems and oysters, and, of course, cavorting with my friends Alex Cammas and Arnaud Moreau, and talking food with Cambdeborde was fun. Check their site , it's on until the 5th of December...

blog

The Fooding Awards were announced today on their website as follows:

New wave Japanese – Guilo Guilo

Best haunted house – Hotel Faurie in Saint-Agrève

Best chef - Christophe Pelé, La Bigarrade

Best bistrot – Le Chat in Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire

Best little luxe – Al Taglio

Best “Station-Sandwich” – Gouter l’Aveyon in the rest area at the Millau Viaduc

Best troquet – La Cantine du Troquet

Best blow-out – Chez Navarre in Toulouse

D'Honneur - Rose and Jean-Charles Carrarini Rose Bakery

Best “Planque Verte” – Le Grand Couvert / La Colline Du Colombier in Iguerande

Best Paris Bistrot – Jadis

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the article Linda!

This year's Grand Fooding d'Eté in France kicks off this Sunday in Paris (well the Parc de Saint Cloud, just outside) with a menu "barbecunomique" by Mauro Colagreco of le Mirazur, Christophe Pelé of La Bigarrade, Guillaume Delage of Jadis, Brudo Doucet of La Régalade, Lamdaun Chinnasri of Lao lanexang, Cyril Lignac of Le Chardenoux and Federica and Fabrizio Mancioppi of Caffè dei Cioppi and a wine atelier by Bertrand Bluy. The entire menu can be found on their site. As always, it looks like a great event. I plan to go and will post about it after.

www.lefooding.com/evenements/grand-fooding-d-ete

I went (report here), and had a great time. I think the fooding folks were having a little struggle dealing with the 1500 or so people that showed up, but it was a lot of fun. Highlights for me were the first , Christophe Pelé run stand with a small dish of marinated tendy beef cube, Bruno Doucet ran out of food, so we couldnt test him, the reworked Hagen Daaz ice creams were tasty, especially the vanilla/gélée of grapefruit one, and the Cyril Lignac beef brochette was a let down with tough meat. Oh yes, the most generous portion was from the chef of Jadis, braised veal tongue cooked Provincial style with spring vegetables. The DJ set in the middle of the Domaine was really cool, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait in line under the hot sun! Thanks Alex!

Edited by fresh_a (log)

blog