• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anthony Bourdain on CBC today

maxmillan

Did anyone hear this show on the radio?  I missed some of it.  It was taped by CBC at  VCC on Pender Street.

maxmillan,

Would this have been a local broadcast only? If not, you might want to post it in Food & Media so other Candian eGulleters can comment. I'd really be interested in hearing the show.

A.

AB was on the CBC show North by Northwest. If you missed the show it will be archived on their website. We were there and he was just as funny and charming in person as his books.

BROADCAST DATES:

Part One on Sat. Dec. 11 and Part Two on Sat. Dec. 18, between 8 and 9 am both Saturdays on North by Northwest on CBC Radio One (690 am in Vancouver)

"I've long believed that good food, good eating is all about risk" -AB

Here are the audio archives for Bourdain on the CBC show North by Nortwest.

Anthony Bourdain was in the CBC Studio One Book Club on Dec 11. His latest book is a cook book from Les Halles in New York City where he is executive chef.

Listen to part 1

Listen to part 2

“Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food” AB

If you missed the last of Bourdain on CBC yesterday, here are rest the audio archives.

Listen to part 3

Listen to part 4

The taping of the show actually went for 90 minutes, there is much left on the cutting room floor. eGullet members should email the show North by Northwest and suggest that they present an extended "Director's Cut" online version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Anthony Bourdainn was a guest on the David Letterman show on Tuesday night. I was mildly surprised at his demeanor, not quite what I expected. I don't get a chance to see his show anymore, is it available to us humble Shaw cable customers (not pay TV)?. :unsure:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

cayenne,

Totally know what you mean...I saw the Letterman show too. He would have been better served on a show like Craig Ferguson & Jimmy Kimmel. Leno & Letterman appease a broader market but what i want is for the conversation to draw more out of Bourdain than what Letterman achieved, he could have been coked up, but i think Bourdain was on something aswell!

• 2 weeks later...
cayenne,

Totally know what you mean...I saw the Letterman show too. He would have been better served on a show like Craig Ferguson & Jimmy Kimmel. Leno & Letterman appease a broader market but what i want is for the conversation to draw more out of Bourdain than what Letterman achieved, he could have been coked up, but i think Bourdain was on something aswell!

Ah, yes, gotta love Fergie, probably he would have fostered a more relaxed informative discussion, I'd guess. Kimmel, a little more wacky, would've been a little more hard core, probably less foody? :wacko: I definitely thought Dave could or should have drawn more out of him. I prefer Letterman rather than Leno, not quite as corny. All in all, was a treat to see Anthony, I really miss seeing his show.

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon