• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interesting new website

Carema

The shop is extremely busy. But I stumbled upon this new websitegrease and counterbalance and there is some good stuff about chickens and wine. Seems like an upstart but there is some good stuff here!

True public interest or shameful self-promotion?? :angry:

My curiosity piqued, I linked to your suggested site and read the review of the movie Sideways. The author of this review, "Les Combettes", just happens to mention a CDR that they drank recently, which is the exact same wine that "Carema" reviews in this Wine forum, a few threads down the page, complete with the same suggested food pairing with lamb shank or oxtail, as well as references to "the shop".

"Les Combettes" also penned the self-proclaimed "good stuff" about chickens and wine.

For the record, your review of Sideways was at best meandering and unintelligble, and at worst, reeks of writing under the influence of an illicit haze.

Well if you look at Carema's profile, the Yahoo info is "les_combettes1968"

I'd say Sharksoup hit a hole in one. No biggy about shilling, but fess up to it if its your's and not under the mantle of "look what I stumbled on..."

The shop is extremely busy. But I stumbled upon this new websitegrease and counterbalance and there is some good stuff about chickens and wine. Seems like an upstart but there is some good stuff here!

True public interest or shameful self-promotion?? :angry:

My curiosity piqued, I linked to your suggested site and read the review of the movie Sideways. The author of this review, "Les Combettes", just happens to mention a CDR that they drank recently, which is the exact same wine that "Carema" reviews in this Wine forum, a few threads down the page, complete with the same suggested food pairing with lamb shank or oxtail, as well as references to "the shop".

"Les Combettes" also penned the self-proclaimed "good stuff" about chickens and wine.

For the record, your review of Sideways was at best meandering and unintelligble, and at worst, reeks of writing under the influence of an illicit haze.

Busted.

For the record, your review of Sideways was at best meandering and unintelligble

Actually, I really liked the part about the box knife.

Hopefully, Carema, aka Les Combettes, will include a link to the G&CB website in her signature so those of us who enjoy her reports can check in frequently.

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook