• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philadelphia bahn mi

Andrew Fenton

The brother and I visited Ô Sandwiches last week. He had the special combination bahn mi and I had the pork roll with a thai tea. Delicious fresh baguettes and nice crunchy vegetables.

Here's the special combination:

special.jpg

This is the pork roll:

porkroll.jpg

And my purty Thai tea.

thaitea.jpg

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

Two more data points:

Cafe 900 (or something like that), 900 Arch: Terrible. Only $2.50, but mine came on a stale, tasteless sandwich with a subpar pate and gristly, low-quality pork roll. I couldn't finish it.

Hence: Pho Cali, 1000 Arch: Very good. I got the charbroiled pork banh mi here, and it came on a long, grilled baguette with tender, hot pork and a tangy sauce (along with the requisite pickled vegetables). A very reasonable $3.00.