• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Venice Restaurants: Reviews & Recommendations

circeplum

• 2 weeks later...

Nicole - apologies for the delay in reply, I don't check this board too often. Hope I'm not too late

I'm afraid I've nothing more to offer other than the above. There's non-adventurous choices at all (at least, I would regard the choices as non-adventurous). When you say you have a "no meat" person, are they OK with seafood (in which case, they're going to be fine in Venice. Can't recall the state of play on vegetarian offerings, I'm afraid. That said, I think most of the above have menus on their website.

John

John Hartley

• 4 months later...

After having spent about a year in Venice in the 1990's, I am going back soon for my first visit in many years and I was wondering about recommendations for new restaurants. Back then among our favorites were Da Fiore, La Corte Sconta and Antico Dolo, and I am no so much interested in restaurants that would have been operating back then, but places that have opened (or risen in quality) since. I'm interested in restaurants from the high end (at least one meal is to be at the current best restaurant in town) to bacari, and anything in between.

Thanks in advance.

Robert