• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bistro in the 8th

Felice

Any suggestions for a bistro in the 8th, near George V?  I can't seem to find anything in any of my guides. 

Merci!

Bof! Tough question. The only places that qualify that I've tried are La Fermette Marbeuf 1900 which is not really a bistrot any more but an historic monument to food of a bygone era, La Mascotte, which is solidly bistroique, and Chez Catherine which sure used to be but is farther away from the CE/Cinq corner and no longer a bistrot at all but star-gazing. Bistrots and George V are not words I usually associate with each other.

I'd say La Mascotte's your best shot at 270, rue du Faubourg-St-Honore, 01.42.27.75.26

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

We had a good meal at Bistro de L'Oliier, 13 rue Quentin Bauchart, just a block behind the Geo V. They have prix-fixe menus at lunch and dinner; given the posh area, the prices were reasonable. Michelin gives them two forks. JP

Many thanks for all of the suggestions. It's actually not for me, but for someone I work with. I have given him the suggestions and will let you know if he tries any of them.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

After reading all of the favorable reviews, I recommended the bistro Lauriston to my co-worker and he liked it so much he decided to forgo the bistro in the 8th in order to return to the bistro Lauriston a second time. Many thanks again for all of the recommendations.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

After reading all of the favorable reviews, I recommended the bistro Lauriston to my co-worker and he liked it so much he decided to forgo the bistro in the 8th in order to return to the bistro Lauriston a second time.  Many thanks again for all of the recommendations.

Understandable; as you know I loved it when I ate there December 2nd.

For those who might conduct a search of the site and want more ideas about restos in the area, the Figaroscope of 18 Feb 2004 has ideas; you must pay but it may be worth it.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

After reading all of the favorable reviews, I recommended the bistro Lauriston to my co-worker and he liked it so much he decided to forgo the bistro in the 8th in order to return to the bistro Lauriston a second time.  Many thanks again for all of the recommendations.

Understandable; as you know I loved it when I ate there December 2nd.

For those who might conduct a search of the site and want more ideas about restos in the area, the Figaroscope of 18 Feb 2004 has ideas; you must pay but it may be worth it.

I am having dinner at lauriston tonight.will report