• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresno eats?

bexdc

If you should decide to splurge down in Visalia - and these would be splurges - I can recommend The Vintage Press, The Depot (which became The Southern Pacific Depot when I wasn't looking!), and  Jack & Charlie's. Cafe India Authentic Indian Cuisine gave me much pleasure at a lower price point, and I remember Tazzaria as being quite nice for lunch.  No cocktails there that I recall, but their food was fresh and good, and I always regretted not being able to extract their pita recipe from them. :-) 

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from my week-long trip. I'll be honest, I didn't eat out much. Fresno seems to be chain-restaurant heaven, but luckily, I found two gems near my office.

First was House of JuJu

https://www.yelp.com/biz/house-of-juju-clovis

They serve gourmet burgers and craft beers. Delicious! I got the Dragon Lady Slaw Dog (I didn't know any better, I should've gotten the burger) and my co-worker got Betsy Ross, basically their version of a cheeseburger. They were both delicious but the winner was the burger. They also serve meal-sized salads. 

Next was Kuppa Joy Coffee House

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kuppa-joy-coffee-house-clovis

They make delicious cappuccinos with foam art! They also have fresh-made pastries and their almond croissants were just as good as any bakery in Las Vegas.

I'll write more detailed reviews when I get the time. I hate to link Yelp (They deleted my negative review on Colton's Social House, another restaurant in Clovis. Could they be any more corrupt?) but it's the best I can do for now.

I'm sure I'll be going back Clovis a few more times this year, so I'll be sure to add to this thread.

• Like 1