• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Renoir at the Mirage is closed. Anyone know why?

We just got back from Vegas and stayed at the Mirage. The Mirage recently opened Onda (Italian) and closed Renoir because it was not doing as well as the other restaurants.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Actually, Renoir closed because the chef chose not to renew his contract. He's going over to Wynn to open a new place. The exec chef at Le Cirque in Bellagio has also handed in his resignation to go work at Wynn, though Le Cirque will remain open.

Sigh. How much of my money will Wynn get when he opens this place? C'mon Powerball!

TheMatt

Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram

Actually, Renoir closed because the chef chose not to renew his contract. He's going over to Wynn to open a new place. The exec chef at Le Cirque in Bellagio has also handed in his resignation to go work at Wynn, though Le Cirque will remain open.

***Everyone seems to like a Wynn-er :biggrin:

Yes, that's true Neil, but the Mirage could have kept Renoir open even after their chef left. We were told that they felt it wasn't worth bringing in another chef to try to revive the restaurant.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

• 2 weeks later...