• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

For breakfast on Christmas day?

Thanks for all your suggestions on dinners...i am sure i will find what i need from what you have suggested.

Now...Christmas morning it would be lovely to have a nice early breakfast ..somewhere we can sit and chat and maybe look at the sound....or watch whatever people are out and about....

Downtown might be nice....or are there any nice hotels with lovely places to have breakfast?

I know this is asking alot at this time of the year....but if anyone can help on this i would be most appreciative.

There is always the hope that someone might know of some nice little warm inviting place.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

I have a feeling that the only breakfast places open on Christmas morning would be restaurants in hotels--esp those that do room service for hotels. Unfortunately, I've not spent any time in Seattle hotels, but maybe others have and could give guidance?

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

Just had breakfast at Lola (Tom Douglas place on 4th.) As they are associated with the Hotel, they will probably be open. Full bar, octopus breakfast option, pastries, strong coffee. The french toast was quite good. I like eating at the bar - less loud (the room was full and quite chatty) and you are right by the front windows - plenty of light. They also added removeable dividers at the center booths to create cozy two tops from the six tops. The room is nicely strung with white lights, garlands and wreaths for a festive mood.

You might try Etta's (North end of the Market) to see if they will be open.

The Denny's in Ballard will be open, but the view is of the other customers. :)

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

My guess is that the Edgewater would be open for breakfast. I haven't had breakfast there, but I've had dinner, including meals on holidays. The ambiance is really nice at the holidays (totally NW Lodge, with that water veiw), and I've been happy with the food.

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

My guess is that the Edgewater would be open for breakfast. I haven't had breakfast there, but I've had dinner, including meals on holidays. The ambiance is really nice at the holidays (totally NW Lodge, with that water veiw), and I've been happy with the food.

a good friend just had her wedding reception there - and even the wedding food was good. i'd definitely give it a shot. the view can't be beat!

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

WOW...tha sounds great...just what i think my poor friend from Indy needs...i'll definitely check it out!!!