• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kaiseki

torakris

I saw it but it was a little too much than I care to pay for a book.... I'd love to page through it though, is it available in most book stores?

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

• 1 year later...

I ordered one copy of the book on kaiseki that's mentioned upthread, only yesterday, and it arrived today. I want to get inspiration from the book when I make kaiseki-like dishes. I'm not very interested in exactly following the recipes in the book.

Edited by Hiroyuki (log)

with US japanese grocery shopping what it is, I leave kaisekiryouri to the pros. that said, i'd love to know what you folks think of Sugiyama in NYC, or if anyone has been. they've been there seemingly forever, and besides special functions and ryoukan in Japan, my main source of kaisekiryouri