• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Beer Guy

Catseye

I needed to find out something about Turbo Dog beer.  Whilst searching, I found www.twoguys.org/~gregh/beer.  A guy, Greg, has as his life's goal to try as many new beers as possible.  To date, he has sampled over a thousand.  He began in 1996 to keep a record of his tastings, and they are listed here, by brewery.   Also by type -- top or bottom fermented, bock, cider, India pale ale, malt liquor, porter, etc -- and rating, zero being poor and 15 being excellent.   I guess his feeling is, it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.  :)

By the way, are you familiar with Turbo Dog?  I collect from Greg's note that it is dark and sweet, maybe a malt.   I have a recipe from Emeril I want to try for Turbo Dog braised cabbage, and I'd like to try to come as close as I can with a beer that's more readily available in my area.  

Thanks!

Cats

• 7 months later...