• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any good eastside Mexican Rest. (ie Redmond etc)

Wohoo! My husband and I have childcare for a few hours tonight so we are going out for dinner! :smile: I have a craving for Mexican food...any good places that you recommend in either Bothell, Redmond, Woodinville, Kirkland or Bellevue? We need to stay Eastside because of traffic and we'd rather not travel too far so that we can relax and have plenty of time to eat.

If there aren't any good Mexican restaurants any other suggestions. We like to go somewhere with moderately priced entrees ie $20 and under.

Thanks!

Wohoo! My husband and I have childcare for a few hours tonight so we are going out for dinner!  :smile: I have a craving for Mexican food...any good places that you recommend in either Bothell, Redmond, Woodinville, Kirkland or Bellevue? We need to stay Eastside because of traffic and we'd rather not travel too far so that we can relax and have plenty of time to eat.

If there aren't any good Mexican restaurants any other suggestions. We like to go somewhere with moderately priced entrees ie $20 and under.

Thanks!

Frida's in Bothell is the best Mexican cuisine I can find on the eastside. With one beer and one margarita you can enjoy a great meal for under $40.

3226 132nd St. S.E.

Bothell, WA 98012

Phone: 425-357-8606

Map.

Seattle Times Review.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

With one beer and one margarita

Hey how did you know our drink choices! :laugh: I read the review and it sounds really good. Thanks for the suggestion.

I grew up in Tucson, Arizona and have yet to find really good Mexican food here.

Thanks again!

La Cocina del Puerco, on Main st. a block or so west of 8th in Bellevue, is some of my favorite mexican anywhere in the Seattle area. Card tables, cafeteria style, but everything is great (and under $10). Homemade tortillas. Beers come in big buckets of ice. Not tex-mex-there are no giant plates covered with a layer of melted cheese.

:biggrin: Thank you so much Really Nice for a great recommendation! Last night we ate at Fridas and the food and the service were both great!

Here's what we had:

Chips and salsa: These were not your standard fare. A trio of salsas was presented with the chips and a few slices of soft bread. A sweet fruit salsa, a spicy red salsa(YUM) and then a fabulous cream cheese salsa that was more of a spread.

Appetizer: Camerones de coco (Coconut prawns). These were nice and big and had a great flavor to them. Served with a dipping sauce made with chipolte chiles, mayo and sour cream--oh it was so good. We happily scrapped up any left over sauce on to our tortilla chips. I could have had a larger platter of these for dinner and would have been in heaven.

Entrees:

Steak Fajitas for my husband. I had a bite and it was really good. Tortillas nice and soft and the meat was done to perfection.

Chuletas de Bustamante for me: pieces of pork in a sauce made up of a trio of peppers(red, yello and green), white wine, olive oil, chiles, and onions. Flavor was really good although the pork was a tad tough.

I also ordered one of the chicken tamales on the side and it was fabulous! Served in an open corn husk, It was moist and really flavorful and covered with an incredible creamy sauce. Fabulous!

Dessert: Chocolate covered cream puff. Not bad. Not great.

Drinks: Negro Modelo for my husband and a margarita for me which I only drank about 1/2 because it was really strong!

Here's a link that has their menu for anyone who is interested. Frida's Menu

I would absolutely go again and would recommend this place to others. I really liked the flavor of their dishes and the fact they everything had a bit of a kick (some heat) to it. Many other things I would want to try.

So thanks again! Can't wait to try the other recommendations too! :biggrin:

Edited by Deborah (log)