• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Ubiquity of the Miniburger in DC DelMarVa

mnebergall

Is it treasonous to say that I have yet to have a "mini-burger" in this city or anywhere for that matter?  Will I have to were a scarlet M-B on my chest from now on?

No, they've gotten less yummy around town and it's difficult to get them medium- rare. They're cooked standard/medium a lot of places because they are so popular now.

I think butternut squash soup is another ubiquitous menu item.  It's good and all, but I would be so happy to go to a restaurant and see...I don't know "split pea with ham and bacon" or "potato."

Potage St Germain $6.50

Split pea soup with apple wood smoked bacon

Velouté de moules et chou-fleur au saffron $6.50

Cauliflower and mussels soup with saffron

Crème de marrons $6.50

Cream of chestnut soup

All currently on offer at Montmartre. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Edited by iamthestretch (log)

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

I think butternut squash soup is another ubiquitous menu item.  It's good and all, but I would be so happy to go to a restaurant and see...I don't know "split pea with ham and bacon" or "potato."

Potage St Germain $6.50

Split pea soup with apple wood smoked bacon

Velouté de moules et chou-fleur au saffron $6.50

Cauliflower and mussels soup with saffron

Crème de marrons $6.50

Cream of chestnut soup

All currently on offer at Montmartre. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

I strongly recommend a soup, followed by the curly chicory salad with warm goat cheese and croutons, followed by homemade country pate with cornichons...makes for an excellent meal at Montmartre.

I don't know, I'm a huge fan of the butternut squash soup...however, Tallula's Celery Root Soup is yum - haven't seen it offered anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure I had celery root soup at Poste during a holiday dinner a few weeks ago. It was YUMMY!

I don't know, I'm a huge fan of the butternut squash soup...however, Tallula's Celery Root Soup is yum - haven't seen it offered anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure I had celery root soup at Poste during a holiday dinner a few weeks ago. It was YUMMY!

You did (at least I did), and it was. Really the only redeeming feature of an otherwise wasted $60 lunch for two

Save Pale Male <--- GO HERE!