• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat Christmas eve and Christmas day?

I have an college buddy comming in to visit for Christmas and would love to have some suggestions as to what might be open Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Once again...SHE LOVES seafood...BUT! I am wondering how fresh it going to be since it will be Christmas.

Please!! I am lost on this one...if you have any suggestions I would SO appreciate it. She likes Chinese alot as well.

If anyone has done this before and had success please with decent places i look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much !

Hopefully, Seven Peppers in the International district will be open. Perhaps, fellow eG folks will have more info. In the past, my family & I have gone out for Korean food in Lakewood on Christmas eve. Those Korean restaurants never seem to take a day off. My current favorite is Lee Ga, 8797 South Tacoma Way, Lakewood 98499 (tel. 253-582-6635). They don't speak alot of English but the food is fabulous. Also, Altezzo at the Tacoma Sheraton will probably be open as well. Best of luck, WL

Just received an email from Open Table today with christmas eve options:

Open Table List

In the list I would highly recommend Nells, Fish Club, Rays (downstairs- not up) and Tulio.

Edited by little ms foodie (log)

For years I've had a tradition of going for Asian food on Christmas eve. I always call to make sure the place I've picked is open (once calling Huong Bihn, they answered my question with a slightly miffed "Of course we're open! We're Buddhist!"). If your friend likes Chinese and Seafood, I'd call Seven Stars or T&T.

Brasserie Margaux's Christmas Day menu.

I think this sounds particularly good:

Coulubiac of salmon with scallop mousse-Swiss chard, mushrooms

baked in brioche with a fine herb butter sauce

Edited by tighe (log)

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Christmas Eve

Tulios for dinner

Sorrento for drinks

St. James for carols

Christmas Day

Home, but Brasserie Margaux sounds good

Boxing Day

Home -- roast of beef and all the trimmings

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.

Thanks SOOO much for all the suggestions...i especially like the suggestion of roast beef for boxing day.

Now if only i had somewhere to take my friend for breakfast Christmas morning.

I think the good hotels will be the places to check for that.

Thanks again.