• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Year's Eve in DC DelMarVa

Al_Dente

Does anyone know of any good prix fixe deals going on in DC for this year? We'll probably plan to be home in time for the midnight festivities, but it would be great to get out for a couple of hours for a casual meal.

Any ideas?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Some of us will be stuck working  :-(

Working. But at least we'll be working where the booze is.

Wanna trade? I'll be at home in CT, where the booze definately isn't.

Edited to recall toasting the New Year 2004 with an Iron Chef marathon and a mini of Dewars.

Edited by Chef Shogun (log)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

you can try Corduroy , again we have a fixed menu 3 courses very moderate price , but you wont be able to use opentable for that day , you should call in for a table.

Corduroy

General Manager

1122 Ninth Street, NW

Washington DC 20001

www.corduroydc.com

202 589 0699

I have gone out for dinner on New Year's Eve twice in the last few years.

Caucus Room food was OK but really dead, Ten Penh was more festive and better. If I remember correctly Ten Penh had a fairly extensive menu, if not their regular menu. I would assume that the other restaurants in that family would do the same.

I've given up on the whole concept though.

Bill Russell

Looks like Palette is having two seating -- the first is $75 for a five-course menu, the later is $95 for a seven-course menu. Some of the choices include: Carolina Crab Cake; Roasted Sweet Potato Bisque with Smoked Duck; Sautéed Turbot, Jumbo Lump Crab & Melted Leek Ravioli

Ragout of Braised fennel & Roasted Sunchokes; Roasted Guinea Hen & Wild Mushroom Crepinette

Foie Gras Anson Mill Grits & Root Vegetables

I heard Zaytinya will have bellydancing and two seatings ($65 and $100) with an "unlimited menu." Oyamel (mini pinatas and music) and Cafe Atlantico have similar deals.

Circle Bistro has two seating: between 5 pm and 8pm five-courses and wine pairing with each course for $95.00 and after 8PM five-courses and wine pairing with each course-$150.00, open bar, live jazz music, party favors, and champagne toast

The forthcoming IndeBleu is claiming to up and running by New Year's. Some of the courses they'll be offering: Maine lobster bisque with kari leaf foam and caviar; Seven spice dusted tenderloin of beef with braised young vegetables and port glazed madras onions; Rabbit confit samosa on apple chutney with rum raisin jus and toasted pistachio

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog

Morning everyone. I've lurked around egullet for a while and thought ahhh what the hell I'll throw my hat in the ring and post a bit. So below are the details for Zola's NYE pre-fix menu. Not sure how much love there is for Zola on this board but a friend sent this to me and as my first order of business here on egullet I pass it along to you. Cheers all and I look forward to many gastronomic discussions in the future.

New Years Eve at Zola 2004

“Craft Your Menu”

Chef’s Course

Big Eye Tuna with Granny Smith butter

Course One

Warm Ricotta Terrine with Country Ham and Spiced Quince

Blue Hubbard Squash Chowder with Winter Kale and Smoked Sausage

Baby Greens with tart pearls and Candied Kumquats

Course Two

Baked Jumbo Crab in Shells with fire Roasted Pepper and Greens

Cavitelli with House cured Duck and Butternut Confetto

Cedar Planked Coho Salmon with Truffled Grits

Course Three

Black Cod steak, Parsnips, Madeira and Seville Oranges

Hot Pot of Sweet Scallops, Mussels and Clams with Tomatoes and Anise

Cheer Wine Braised Oxtail and Saffron Fritter, Wilted Pepper Cress

Course Four

Braised Pork and Prawns with celery Root, Coriander and lime

Veal and Wild Mushrooms, Aged Sherry Cream

Roasted Maine Lobster, Sweet Potato Spoon Bread, Champagne Butter

Caramelized Delmonico, Mini pickled Peppers, Fingerlings, Chippolini and Fresh Horseradish

Cheese Course

A celebration of Americas Finest Cheese

Dates, Fruits, and Crisps

Sweets and Treats

TBD

COMPLIMENTARY GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE BEFORE 6:30

4 Courses $70 1,2,4, Sweets

5 Courses $85 1, 2, 3, 4, Sweets

6 Courses $95 FULL MENU

Welcome Fred.

Zola hasn't gotten a lot of love here, but mainly due to service issues. DOn't know if anyone has any more recent reports.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

<center><b>Noche Vieja 2004

At Oyamel</b>

Dinner

8:00pm to 10:00pm

A special New Year’s Eve menu selected by

Bon Appetit’s Chef of the Year José Andrés

featuring:

“Carnitas “

Braised pork w/ tomatillo salsa, cilantro, onion & chicharron

“Pozole”

Spicy pork and hominy soup served with radishes, onion & lettuce

“Ceviche De Ostras Con Plátano Y Caviar”

Oyster ceviche with banana and caviar

“Langostino Fresco (Cigala) Enchipoltadas Con Epazote”

Langoustine with epazote and chipotles in adobo

“Cóctel De Langosta Y Aguacate Estilo Tradicional”

Lobster cocktail with tomato sauce, red onions, avocado and totopos

“Quesadillas De Oro Con Flor De Calabaza Y Queso Oaxaca”

Quesadillas with gold paper, squash blossoms and Oaxaca cheese

Vegetarian substitutions available upon request

A glass of sparkling wine to toast the New Year plus traditional party favors.

Unlimited antojitos

$80 per person

Please note prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity

Festive music and atmosphere

LIVE mariachis

We also offer an earlier seating, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Please call for more information.

<i>For reservations and more information, please call (703) 413-2288.

We require a major credit card to hold and confirm your reservation.

Please if you must cancel, call within 72 hours of your reservation or a cancellation penalty charge of 100% will apply.</i></center>

"Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam. "

Welcome Fred.

Zola hasn't gotten a lot of love here, but mainly due to service issues. DOn't know if anyone has any more recent reports.

Thanks JPW-

A friend made reservations for Zola based on a great meal she had there a week ago. Soooo I'm going NYE and so I'll just raid the cellar and pull a bunch of wine/champagne for dinner so should we run into slow service we will never see an empty glass.

Cheers