• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sources for extracts/concentrated flavors

Skwerl

My supplier (Assouline & Ting) has ran out of Champagne extract, and doesn't expect to have any in for months. This is inconvenient right before Christmas and New Year's, so I need to start working with another supplier or two. The product I need in particular is a Champagne extract from Liquor La Francaise. A little goes a long way, and at 32 oz for around $15, it works extremely well for the price. I haven't found it sold anywhere else in the U.S. If you have suggestions for vendors that sell this or similar products, let me know. Thanks!

Josh Usovsky

"Will Work For Sugar"

ok i know this sounds silly but have you ever tried contacting a liquor store?..

im thinking that with all the special liquors that many carry for cooking and other things...they may be able to provide you with a good lead...just a thought...worth a shot

Edited by ladyyoung98 (log)

a recipe is merely a suggestion

Last year, I bought a champagne compound - not an extract, unfortunately, but if you aren't able to find the extract, you might have to fall back on this. It was from Amoretti (www.amoretti.com) - I also recall a former instructor having bought something similar from Sieben through a local distributor (Primarque at www.primarque.com). Qzina in Canada sells a similar product. (www.qzina.com)

It's my understanding that Amoretti is really good about sending out samples if you call and ask them. That way, you can try it before you order a ton.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Amoretti sends out incredible samples, a huge box of like 50 glass jars and they will send you a specific one if you ask for it. I just got their Eggnog compound, its great but not cheap....$50.00 for 2.2# with shipping and handling

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman