• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2005 Food Guides: Part II: Not very helpful

John Talbott

Again, my plea: Please buy these guides from your friendly local bookshop and use this summary as a prod to do so; they cost only 29 E and 5,70 E respectively and give more details than I can.

In general: the GaultMillau has stopped indicating new restaurants and Les Cantines de Julie Andrieu, not only does not list new restaurants (she gets a “bye” this year because it’s her first edition) but gives no grades, numbers, stars, hearts, etc., so it’s interesting if you’re looking for “simplicity, conviviality, intimacy and new tastes” in places (bistros, brasseries, restaurants, etc) she calls ‘cantines” but not for comparing her opinions with others. Therefore, I’ll only deal with the 2005 GM here.

Rules: in the GaultMillau, I’ll not list every restaurant but rather only those in Paros and surrounds that are listed as in some way as notable, noting:

Rating 10-20/20

♥ = coup de coeur

1st – L’Atelier Berger 14 ♥

4th – Le Coude Fou 11♥

5th – Les Papilles 12 ♥

6th – Ze Kitchen Galerie 14 ♥

7th – D’Chez Eux 13 ♥

8th – La Table du Lancaster 16 ♥

Chez Catherine 14 ♥

L’Evasion 13 ♥

9th – Dell’Orto 15 ♥

13th – L’Ourcine 13 ♥