• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Newport, Tenn.

mantee

I'm meeting my daughter from Charlotte this Thrusday evening in Newport. We would love a off the wall place to have dinner. We are both driving about 4 hours each and we have to head back in the direction we came by 7am. Please not too much more driving.

Carman

Carman's Country Kitchen

11th and Wharton

Philadelphia, PA

I'm meeting my daughter from Charlotte this Thrusday evening in Newport. We would love a off the wall place to have dinner. We are both driving about 4 hours each and we have to head back in the direction we came by 7am. Please not too much more driving.

A couple more listed here - some with pictures even.

http://discovernewporttn.com/_dining/aadine.htm

http://www.cockecounty.org/newportmerc.html

Knoxville is going to have a lot more options, but it's 40 minutes or so away.

I think it will be Lois's Country Kitchen, country ham buffet night! Thank you, anything new I could change my mind.

My instinct tell me that Wilma's Drive-In is the place to go for breakfast. The fact that there is both a Wilma's and a Wilma's 2 in such a small town tells me it has to be the place for solid home cooking.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I think it will be Lois's Country Kitchen, country ham buffet night! Thank you, anything new I could change my mind.

My instinct tell me that Wilma's Drive-In is the place to go for breakfast. The fact that there is both a Wilma's and a Wilma's 2 in such a small town tells me it has to be the place for solid home cooking.

Or Not Wilma's Drive-In :smile:

Now I'm recommending Tucker's Main Street Cafe for breakfast.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

After seeing that photo I believe I would definitely hit Wilma's!

:laugh:

John Malik

Chef/Owner

33 Liberty Restaurant

Greenville, SC

www.33liberty.com

Customer at the carving station: "Pardon me but is that roast beef rare?"

Apprentice Cook Malik: "No sir! There's plenty more in the kitchen!"

• 1 month later...